What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Well I thought our season deserved a little better than that result. We just did everything wrong inthe first 20 minutes.

All in all a wonderful effort to get this far over the season given the injuries so we can all be super proud.

3 teddy
2 walker (looked really good when he got a chance)
1 rads

Time for everyone to now take a well earned break and hit the ground running in pre-season training in November. We have a good chance to build off this and bounce back right to the top next season. I feel certain we are due some luck with injuries.

It can go the other way though with teams who over achieve falling by the wayside the following season so we need to remain focused and committed. I am confident we have the coaching and structures in place to prevent that from happening.

A big thank you to Cords, Jake, the Morris boys, liu and fitzy for their service over the years.

We will be back in a big way next season. Easts 2 win.

I’m not upset by any means but they did look like they knew their time was up. Maybe the outs of Verrills and SST during the week was a bridge too far for them. It’s been a character defining year on top of what was already a good foundation, character and culture-wise. I think the young guys will be full of self-belief, not that it was in short supply in Walker and it sets us up for a great year ahead - especially during the representative rounds. Let’s hope we can start attending games again and supporting a team that will be the competition front-runners, where they belong.

3. Teddy
2. Jared
1. Rads

3. Teddy
2. Rads
1. JWH

As it turns out, I was hoping for a win rather than using my head.

In truth, we were always up against it. Unfortunately, the gravity and weight of our circumstances finally caught up with us. We tried hard at times during that game, but it was not enough.

Teddy was a stand out for us once again but, to me, at times it seemed as though he was the only one battling the Sea Eagles.

Certain others played okay as well, but unfortunately we had a few players who played terribly, and that did not help our cause. I am thinking here about Angus and Adam Keighran, in particular. I also feel sorry for Josh Morris, but he did have a wonderful career.

Anyway, let's focus on the off season and preparing for a much bigger and brighter 2022 - one hopefully the football gods might smile on us once again, and where our injury situation is a much more favourable one. We will be back - whether it be next year, 2023 and/or 2024 - I am confident about that much!

Just another thing...

I was unconvinced that going with Marschke at hooker was the best and right move in the end. I was firmly in the camp of having Lam at hooker and Sam Walker starting at half. Having said that, though, I do understand what Robbo is trying to do with Sam and the development of his small, young frame against the rigours of first grade NRL football.

Also, what happened to Freddy Lussick? I know he was on loan at the Dragons, but he seems to have gone out of all thoughts and calculations in terms of our playing ranks - now and for next season. Is he contracted with us next year and beyond?

What does everyone think about player movements in the off season? Are we likely to see any more other than Connor?

Valheru

Coach
I’m not upset by any means but they did look like they knew their time was up. Maybe the outs of Verrills and SST during the week was a bridge too far for them. It’s been a character defining year on top of what was already a good foundation, character and culture-wise. I think the young guys will be full of self-belief, not that it was in short supply in Walker and it sets us up for a great year ahead - especially during the representative rounds. Let’s hope we can start attending games again and supporting a team that will be the competition front-runners, where they belong.

3. Teddy
2. Jared
1. Rads

It sucks the new stadium looks like it won't be ready until September.

Here's hoping we can open the joint with a home final.

Valheru

Coach
Just another thing...

I was unconvinced that going with Marschke at hooker was the best and right move in the end. I was firmly in the camp of having Lam at hooker and Sam Walker starting at half. Having said that, though, I do understand what Robbo is trying to do with Sam and the development of his small, young frame against the rigours of first grade NRL football.

Also, what happened to Freddy Lussick? I know he was on loan at the Dragons, but he seems to have gone out of all thoughts and calculations in terms of our playing ranks - now and for next season. Is he contracted with us next year and beyond?

What does everyone think about player movements in the off season? Are we likely to see any more other than Connor?

The sims rumour won't go away. I think we will sign him which leads me to believe SST has played his last game for us and will go to the UK.

Hot rumour is that we don't have cap space so they are staying coy.

If Sims comes then SST goes. It's a watch this space for the next month or two
Hmmm, not sure how to take this. My loyalty lies with SST and like to think he’s still got more to give but he’s looked a bit burnt out this year.

H.H

Juniors
3 - Ted
2 - JWH
1 - Rads

What a sh*t way to finish. I always knew they'd fall over at some stage and in hindsight it happened in the Titans game. We were just so bad against Manly but I can't be too critical, they looked a very very tired team.

Hope they all get a good break and FFS can we please get a decent run with injuries. I'm thinking 2023 will be the year we genuinely challenge again. Next year seems too soon for mine and the likes of E.Butcher, Walker, Suuali, Whyte, Tuku, Baker and the others will need a bit longer for us to be a true threat again.

Thanks for the year fellas, pleasure as always.

Headless Chook

Juniors
No doubt it was a very disappointing end to what was a season like no other. We were taken off life support after the first 20 minutes after having nothing more to give. It’s hard to blame anyone.

On a much more positive note the fact we’ve had to blood so many fringe first graders and hardened them up will be invaluable next year and beyond when we have all our best available again. Surely the rugby league gods won’t hand us another horror run of injuries like that for a while.

I thought it was a nice touch by Des in going up to J Moz in the sheds. Congrats also to Isaac for all he’s done for us.

3. Ted
2. Rads (he so desperately wanted to punch on towards the end. Glad he didn’t - I think!)
1. JWH

Roll on next year.
Up the Chookies.

Just another thing...

Not sure what they will do with Lussick since they signed Watson - They have Verrills as number 1 Dummy half and Benny Marschke was deemed number 2 although not sure if he has or will be offered a contract for 2022- I did read somewhere that he was signed to a develop contract for 2021 and 2022?

Chooks have 25 players for NRL next year although there maybe changes - not sure if Daniel Suluka-Fifita is in Robbo's plan's moving forward either. They signed Renouf Atoni from the Dogs

So 5 spots to fill although the Chooks only filled 28 of the 30 in 2021. - They have 4 players for certain on development contracts for 2022 - Lani and Moala Graham-Taufa / Naufahu Whyte/ Tuku Hau-Tapuha - not sure of the contract status of Vuate Karawalevu who was playing Jersey Flegg after starting in Ron Massey Cup with the Silktails

25 so far
  1. Renouf Atoni
  2. Fletcher Baker
  3. Egan Butcher
  4. Nat Butcher
  5. Lindsay Collins
  6. Angus Crichton
  7. Drew Hutchison
  8. Matt Ikuvalu
  9. Luke Keary
  10. Adam Keighran
  11. Lachlan Lam
  12. Freddy Lussick
  13. Joseph Manu
  14. Victor Radley
  15. Billy Smith
  16. Joseph Suaalii
  17. Daniel Suluka-Fifita
  18. Siosiua Taukeiaho
  19. James Tedesco
  20. Daniel Tupou
  21. Sitili Tupouniua
  22. Sam Verrills
  23. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
  24. Sam Walker
  25. Connor Watson

morley101

Juniors
Not sure what they will do with Lussick since they signed Watson - They have Verrills as number 1 Dummy half and Benny Marschke was deemed number 2 although not sure if he has or will be offered a contract for 2022- I did read somewhere that he was signed to a develop contract for 2021 and 2022?

Chooks have 25 players for NRL next year although there maybe changes - not sure if Daniel Suluka-Fifita is in Robbo's plan's moving forward either. They signed Renouf Atoni from the Dogs

So 5 spots to fill although the Chooks only filled 28 of the 30 in 2021. - They have 4 players for certain on development contracts for 2022 - Lani and Moala Graham-Taufa / Naufahu Whyte/ Tuku Hau-Tapuha - not sure of the contract status of Vuate Karawalevu who was playing Jersey Flegg after starting in Ron Massey Cup with the Silktails

25 so far
  1. Renouf Atoni
  2. Fletcher Baker
  3. Egan Butcher
  4. Nat Butcher
  5. Lindsay Collins
  6. Angus Crichton
  7. Drew Hutchison
  8. Matt Ikuvalu
  9. Luke Keary
  10. Adam Keighran
  11. Lachlan Lam
  12. Freddy Lussick
  13. Joseph Manu
  14. Victor Radley
  15. Billy Smith
  16. Joseph Suaalii
  17. Daniel Suluka-Fifita
  18. Siosiua Taukeiaho
  19. James Tedesco
  20. Daniel Tupou
  21. Sitili Tupouniua
  22. Sam Verrills
  23. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
  24. Sam Walker
  25. Connor Watson
Confirmed today Naufahu Whyte for another 3 years.