What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Are Likeable

Danny-Boy

Juniors
I think Manly are a very likeable club.

They don't play dirty (Parramatta, Melbourne).

They don't have feral supporters (Parramatta).

They don't rort the salary cap (Melbourne, Brisbane).

They did everything in their power to help the ARL (Damn you Super League).

They don't have a player that you love to hate (Except Eels supporters, get over it you sooks).

They have one of the friendliest fan bases in the NRL (Pleasure going to Brookie).

And how could you not like Steve Menzies (as loyal as they come). :D

mattyg

Bench
:lol: @ this thread

they have plenty of players to hate...and not many players who are very likeable. If you think they don't have feral supporters you obviously haven't been to Brookie Oval before.

They don't play dirty- manly have a history of dirtyness: Hoppa, Terry Hill, Geoff Toovey just to name a few.

They don't have feral supporters - HAHAHA yeah right, manly fans are as bogan as they come

They did everything in their power to help the ARL (Damn you Super League).- thats just a matter of opinion, for all the people that are arl fans, there are just as many that supported super league. im more inclined to support the super league clubs myself. all arl clubs and there fans did was cry and whinge (and still do to this day) over the whole situation

They don't have a player that you love to hate (Except Eels supporters, get over it you sooks).- everyone hates jamie lyon, it was a cat thing to do. also you have watmough who is a thug, then there is matai, jason king, ben kennedy-the original diver (technically hes still there), the list goes on

They have one of the friendliest fan bases in the NRL- i wouldnt be able to judge on that as i have never been to boganvale, but what ive read on here and stories after the gf, i wouldnt say they are exactly friendly.

And how could you not like Steve Menzies (as loyal as they come).- i definetly dont. biggest cat forward in the history of the game. never see him run at forwards.

Canard

Immortal
Danny-Boy said:

Matt Orford's deal is probably the biggest arguement against that, didn't Souths offer him something like 150K more a year and he turned it down, and somehow ended up with a new apartment/s?

Downie

Guest Moderator
pennywisealfie said:
And how could you not like Steve Menzies (as loyal as they come).- i definetly dont. biggest cat forward in the history of the game. never see him run at forwards.

You don't watch him play much, do you?

ramble_on

Juniors
Danny-Boy said:
I think Manly are a very likeable club.

They don't play dirty (Parramatta, Melbourne).

They don't have feral supporters (Parramatta).

They did everything in their power to help the ARL (Damn you Super League).

They don't have a player that you love to hate (Except Eels supporters, get over it you sooks).

They have one of the friendliest fan bases in the NRL (Pleasure going to Brookie).

And how could you not like Steve Menzies (as loyal as they come). :D

I hope you're next attempt at comedy is better than this........

CharlieF

Juniors
I agree with all your points.

Unfortunetly, they are the reasons we are hated. The irony that Manly is the only club not to have rorted the salary cap.

Had it been any other team that had some of the instances like Cross's eye gouge and Crockers dog act happened against, we would not hear the end of it. When it happens against Manly, nobody talks about it.

Still, I don't undertsand 2 weeks for an eye gouge. What was it, an accidental eye gouge?

Danny-Boy

Juniors
I take it back they are Loveable. Brett is a champion. Quote from the paper below.

MANLY fullback Brett Stewart has ended the debate on Michael Crocker's grand final tackle - yesterday declaring the hit perfectly legal and forgiving the Storm enforcer for knocking him out.

innsaneink

Referee
Rex Messup
Peter Peters
Stan Zemanek (RIP)
Grant Goldman
Wendy Harmer
Thomas Keneally

This year we all start equal.
Kids paint signs.
And I am seven again.
I know I will see my heroes soon.
I feel the excitement.
I have hope in March,
and I might share the glory in September.

Blow that whistle ref!
Send that ball soaring!
Blow that whistle ref!

Latest posts