What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly are pretenders

Manly will be knocked out of the finals in straight weeks.

When teams bash Manly like Souffs, Wests Tigers, Eels and Bulldogs did they cumble.

The have a forward pack that is soft and full of plodders.

maple_69

Bench
Did you just choose the only teams that have beaten them this year or something?
I mean Tigers packs are just renowned for smashing the stuffing out of opposition forwards.

some11

Referee
It's still the same pack that did this but boy for the first time in a long time they wilted under pressure and stayed down like the other weak teams I thought they had always distanced themselves from.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's still the same pack that did this but boy for the first time in a long time they wilted under pressure and stayed down like the other weak teams I thought they had always distanced themselves from.

Manly are pretenders how stupid to even say that! They are just struggling the last couple of games which I think is good for them because they will come good in the finals.

They probably got a bit of a wake up call after last nights loss. Manly are a champion team and will bounce back next week I wouldn't want to be Penrith at Brookvale next week!

Cherry Evans, Foran and B.Stewart will have blinders!

POPEYE

Coach
Rugby League is full of f**king pretenders on and off the field, Manly as a team is not one of them

Manly make it count when it matters - they do enough to finish top 4 and then generally save their best for the finals

Snappy

Coach
1482884-fail_thread.jpg

oikee

Juniors
Manly are the bench-mark and teams who cant beat them should be getting ready for mad monday.

Manly seem to get away with a lot of indiscretions, holding down, twisting, turtleling, hands in ruck, time wasting, back-chat, leg-pulling, headlocks, you name it, Manly are spoilers and ruin the contest.

The only saving grace now is that most of the team are getting older, and teams who have brought through a new youth policy like Parra, Souths, Roosters etc, are matching Manly.
You can see Manly players yelling at the refs, getting frustrated.
Jason King must be close to having a 6 month ban. It seems every time he gets on the field he is swinging his arm trying to take someone out. That young Parra forward was taking on the whole Manly pack on his own, so King tried to king hit him. Not good, rub him out.

Parra are the new pin-up boys, Manly are old and stale.

BunniesMan

Immortal
OP is an idiot. They are not pretenders. They cannot be any lower than number 2 on any normal persons powerrankings.

eozsmiles

Bench
Manly will be knocked out of the finals in straight weeks.

When teams bash Manly like Souffs, Wests Tigers, Eels and Bulldogs did they cumble.

The have a forward pack that is soft and full of plodders.

The teams you have mentioned have only beaten manly once this year from two efforts. So bashing manly would only give you a 50% chance of winning.

kbw

Bench
I think there is a fair chance Manly are foxing. DCE and Foran are no where to be seen

BranVan3000

Coach

How is that the same pack?

No Kite, no Fa'aoso, no G Stewart this season, no Rose. King is basically on last legs, and Watmough looks either bothered by drama or trying too hard. Horo seems to have gone backwards a bit.

And the replacement for this depth has worked hard, but maybe the season length is getting to them. Starling is really only a rookie for example. The only stand out in this pack this season has been Buhrer IMO

That said, the pack was doing a good enough job all year, they are just in a rough patch IMO and will do enough in the finals to worry any team

Pack needs to muscle up. I've been astounded by the number of times I've seen little Jamie Buhrer take the first hit up off a tap/kick for touch.

I know injuries have played their part, but the forwards aren't laying the platform for the back line to play off. Wouldn't say they are pretenders though. They'll be in the GF all things being equal.