What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Culture

skeepe

Immortal
What the hell is going on at Manly? Their junior reps are complete psychos! Players jumping the fence to attack supporters at multiple matches, completely unacceptable - but they deny they have a problem.

This crap needs to be stamped out, but Manly don’t seem to be too bothered by it.

A report issued to the NSW Rugby League on Monday claimed spectators and officials in Canberra on Saturday witnessed a Manly player “leap the fence and start throwing punches into the crowd”.

It’s claimed the alleged attack occurred post match after the player took exception to what was described as loud jeers from a group of girls and one male who were sitting behind the Manly bench.

Sources claim the group had been vocal giving it to the Manly players after the Raiders scored an upset win, but there was “nothing personal” about the sledging.

Canberra’s Junior Development Manager Dean Souter has compiled a report for the NSWRL that alleges the Manly player said words to the effect “if you don’t shut up bitch I’ll come over that fence”, to which one female took offence and slapped him over the back of the head.

“The young man sitting with the girls appeared to cop the brunt of the assault,” the report claims.

It’s also claimed two other Manly players had to be physically restrained by teammates from joining in, while the victim and his girlfriend were later allegedly threatened by Manly players when leaving the ground.

Manly has also compiled its own report that disputes some of the allegations including that the player who was slapped was the same person who jumped the fence.

But the NSWRL has launched a full investigation, with a NSWRL staff member and a referees’ observer also compiling independent reports.

These latest incidents come just two weeks after Manly spectators were involved in another brawl during and SG Ball game at Erskineville Oval.

Asked if he thinks his club has a cultural problem, Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys said: “No, I don’t think we have a cultural problem but any incidents that come up you have to look at what messages are in that.

“So we are looking deeply into the mirror to see if we do have any issues that we need to address. But I want to get to the bottom of this one before trying to claim some sort of pattern, and the particular circumstances of the last one were a little unusual.

It’s only the Manly side of the JV. I’ve always found the Warringah boys a pleasure to deal with and the Warringah fans self-deprecating, bant merchants.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Removed my original post as I thought this was in relation to the incident at a trial match, not the incident from the first round which I know nothing about except that it occurred

Last edited:

Centy Coast

Juniors
Don't Manlys junior rep players virtually all come from Blacktown, League has never been weaker in the local competitions, let's play spot the Northern Beaches kid lol.

Latest posts