What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Deflect Fury Over Funding Cut

Dutchy

Immortal
Why? Because they are trying to stay afloat financially?

Its the prick Leagues which started the situation.

Gee_Up

Juniors
Last few years outbid all other clubs for.. Orford, Bell, Kite, Lyons, Monaghan and Kennedy..

Sounds like the Transit Lounge is alive both sides of the bridge.

punton

Juniors
I live for the day that that fat merkin Peter Peters ends up on a spit.

Sounds like it's not too far away. :lol:

Gee_Up

Juniors
Perth Red said:
Makes you wonder how the British get kids playing the game without ANY pokie machines to fund the sport?

League lasted a long long time here without pokies. Pokies just made CEO's lazy and incompetent, now they are struggling and they have the gall to knock my clubs owner for trying to make it without them. League is in trouble and our NRL administration are without a clue and have no talent.

Joe Davola said:
Leagues Club used to give Sea Eagles $1m, of which $120k went to juniors, leaving Sea Eagles with $880k.

Leagues Club now says we can only afford $600k (not sure of exact figure, but use $600k for the exercise)

In the past, this would have meant $120k for the Junior League and $480k for the Sea Eagles......... until Sea Eagles decided if there was only $600k on offer from the Leagues Club, they wanted $530k, leaving only $70k for Junoirs.

Joe Davolas leagues club has 3 kangaroos loose in the top paddock.

Joes leagues club needs to pay for its basic services to survive.

Joes leagues clubs board of directors decided that they must comply with its fiduciary duties and obligations.

Joes leagues club thinks that Joe is a f**knuckle and records its motion to rename itself as Geoff.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dutchy said:

I thought the idea of becoming privatised is to not rely on the leagues clubs grant? not to indirectly punish the juniors becaused the leagues club decided it can't afford to put up the full what to make everyone happy.

Actually, I'd go as far as saying that that the whole grant should go straight to the juniors imo.

macavity

Referee
Dutchy said:

Manly are a private company. they have cash flow problems, the owners put more equity in, or find other revenue streams.

this is a dog act by Penn & Delmage.

bobmar28

Bench
Gee_Up said:
League lasted a long long time here without pokies. Pokies just made CEO's lazy and incompetent, now they are struggling and they have the gall to knock my clubs owner for trying to make it without them. League is in trouble and our NRL administration are without a clue and have no talent.
League is in trouble???

Stagger eel

Staff member
macavity said:
Manly are a private company. they have cash flow problems, the owners put more equity in, or find other revenue streams.

this is a dog act by Penn & Delmage.

and Peter Peters has been sprouting to anyone who cares to listen that every other club should follow their lead...not surprising given that Peters was born a hypocrite.

Gee_Up

Juniors
bobmar28 said:
League is in trouble???

The recent meeting between Club CEO's and the NRL administration had the new Pokie Taxes discussion as top priority. If the club bosses are panicking I'd say they are in trouble.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I am not surprised the Govt has upped the taxes and will do so again I'm sure. Fair enough if all profit was going to juniors or charities but to be subsidising private companies/professional sports organisations is asking for trouble.

macavity

Referee
Perth Red said:
but to be subsidising private companies/professional sports organisations is asking for trouble.

bingo.

IMO as soon as clubs are privatised, leagues clubs should stop grants to the NRL club and plough their dough into juniors.

for leagues clubs to be lining owners pockets is abhorrent.

Latest posts