What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Game Thread.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Well it did not end up the embarrassment it was shaping up to be. But we had a glut of possession, the home side penalty count, the crowd behind us, really it was there for the taking.

Hmmm, back to the drawing board. Thank God we have Coach Price all signed up for next year!!

evil_p091280

Juniors
Better team got dusted.

Both teams had a few iffy calls their way, manly just capitalized better.

Was soward injured as he refused to run at all?

I won't write him off yet as 'not trying', as he seemed pretty pumped when the team scored, but can't believe he missed that kick.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Better team got dusted.

Both teams had a few iffy calls their way, manly just capitalized better.

Was soward injured as he refused to run at all?

I won't write him off yet as 'not trying', as he seemed pretty pumped when the team scored, but can't believe he missed that kick.

Maybe he's got a bad left foot or something, He wasn't taking many of our long kicks and did kick to Vidot off his right foot too. If Soward took the line on as much a Fien he would have got through at least once, Manly were out on their feet for most of the second half.

ozbuck

Juniors
I can't believe Soward!! Misses conversion so he can kick the "hero" field goal!!!

Not having a dig at Soward but his kicking (conversions) confidence has been down since that Tigers game. He missed some crucial conversions in that Tigers game and I knew before he attemped the kick at 18-18 that he would miss it.

Lyon's kicks were perfect - that was the difference! Instead of being 20-18 or 22-18 up we're 18all. Thats massive!

Good comeback but we still f**ked it up - the game was ours for the taking.

How can you have THAT MUCH ball AT HOME and not come up with a win? I have no confidence in Steve Price as a coach (yet?). The difference between the coaches? Toovey, despite the lead at HT, CHALLENGES his players to be better - Price PLEADS with his men. Who commands respect then?

I don't see effective coaching winning us games this year and last .... I see desperate players winning (and losing) us games.

evil_p091280

Juniors
Pretty sure that past forward pass call against us was made by Jamie Lyon. (And it wasn't even forward)

Then they threw one 3 plays later and it was ignored. They then score.

Manly was there to be beaten ...and easily so. How rubbish was the goal-line defence? No enough respect for our stripe.

The three in a row, and 8th spot may well be our peak of the season. I'm
so shitty.

:crazy:

glossydoll

Juniors
Soward is missing kicks in the last couple of games he would have nailed in the past without any trouble. Some bad ref calls as well, but we had heaps of chances but just couldn't finish it off sadly!:(

Latest posts