What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Game Thread.

Overseas, I watch NRL livestream. It's great quality, and it's free thanks NRL.

But it also streams EVERY off camera comment by both commentators and Audio Visual operators. They are very candid.

ALL are in absolute DISBELIEF that Manly won with that display!!!! Embarrassing for St.George Illawarra.

Louiethefly

Juniors
How can you have THAT MUCH ball AT HOME and not come up with a win? I have no confidence in Steve Price as a coach (yet?). The difference between the coaches? Toovey, despite the lead at HT, CHALLENGES his players to be better - Price PLEADS with his men. Who commands respect then?

I don't see effective coaching winning us games this year and last .... I see desperate players winning (and losing) us games.

I'd say the bigger difference between the two coaches is who they are coaching at the moment. DCE and Foran won the game for Manly with their kicking game and enthusiasm, Soward barely kicked long and Fien is a hooker.

God-King Dean

Immortal
If we were going on form, I'd have Fien ahead of Rein at hooker. Fien's side ways running is effective there. Rein should take some notes - runs too straight & put himself & the 1st receiver under a lot of pressure.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I like Rein, but he had an absolute shocker tonight. Dummy half passing was atrocious. Soward...Practise your kicking FFS...

Stanley...You will not be in first grade next year

Louiethefly

Juniors
I think we should judge Price off next years performance, our team is obviously far under par. Once he gets the team he wants to coach next year with some quality players like Widdop, Dugan and Thompson we should see a difference, If not no contract renewal.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I think we should judge Price off next years performance, our team is obviously far under par. Once he gets the team he wants to coach next year with some quality players like Widdop, Dugan and Thompson we should see a difference, If not no contract renewal.

this...

At least they came back hard in the second half...a shit team like Parra or the Warriors would have folded...although they are not a top 8 team there were a few (if not many) good signs. We'll see how Price goes next year with the players they are bringing in.

Twenty10

Juniors
Chase Stanley was disgraceful tonight. Vidot was disgraceful tonight. Fien was disgraceful tonight. Soward was disgraceful tonight. De belin was disgraceful tonight.

With that many disgraceful players how can you win? And we had 60% of possession FFS!!!!!!!!!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Chase Stanley was disgraceful tonight. Vidot was disgraceful tonight. Fien was disgraceful tonight. Soward was disgraceful tonight. De belin was disgraceful tonight.

With that many disgraceful players how can you win? And we had 60% of possession FFS!!!!!!!!!

I thought Vidot was ok...was he the one that let in the soft tries? (Not being sarcastic...I thought it was Stanley that missed the tackles on the line?)

saint.nick

Coach
Bloody Soward. Apart from an occasional great kicking game and odd field goal, he provides nothing. If he was such a great five eighth, our attack would be a lot noticeably better than this. What the hell has happened to his goal kicking form? I was actually scared he would miss that goal infront of the sticks! He's missed basically every kick from an angle since the tigers game. I couldn't believe it was 18-18 with 4 tries to 3.

OziDragon

Juniors

Weyman, Nightingale, Stockwell, Frizell and Merrin were the only decent players making some impact. Everyone else was awful.

dragonv

Juniors
We are not a team of individual stars and havent been since the Brown days. When confidence is down it seems to pervade the whole team.

FlameThrower

Bench
Weyman, Nightingale, Stockwell, Frizell and Merrin were the only decent players making some impact. Everyone else was awful.
Was at the game, Vidot was good and was always trying, Creagh another average game, with most of the vans in my bay, all agreeing he is not playing well. Really disappointed with Soward, missed goals from sideline are one thing, but one jus off centre was unacceptable. Bronson Harrison, Prior and De Belin all below par. I,m also sick of forward passes from Fien and Rein from dummy half, they do it all the time and kills any momentum. Agree Frizell is a decent player.

Latest posts