What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly looking for backs

dragon thomo

Juniors
Just waiting for the chance Muzby So predictable the old spinster comes out again.
The comment i made in regards to Aitkin and Lafai was in jest, but anybody that has a bit of a idea about League knows our outside backs are not our great strength.
I would say nearly every other coach in the NRL would have Lomax playing centre in our side.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I would say nearly every other coach in the NRL would have Lomax playing centre in our side.
That’s a fair point..

Hey, I hear manly are looking for some outside backs.. He should look over there..

dragon thomo

Juniors
Ii mentioned this the other day and others on this forum disagreed . If we could get a strong winger to replace Aitkin let him go to Manly. We need to get Lomax into our side now

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If we could get a strong winger to replace Aitkin let him go to Manly. We need to get Lomax into our side now
Indeed..

And we’re fortunate right now that there are an abundance of good, strong wingers currently working at KFC, wishing they could get that elusive first grade NRL contract which every club has failed to offer them..

possm

Coach
Anthony Don can't get a run at the Titans. Big and strong, scores all their tries. We should make a play to replace Nene.

You would think that Millward would have a good working relationship with all of the player managers and so, be onto any potential players who might want a move.

Rather than back-fill out outside backs with the likes of Maranta, Runciman, Pearson and Ravalawa, he should have firstly secured at least two experienced first grade wingers to replace Nightingale and Macdonald. Only after doing this should he sign back-up wingers for first grade.

The same goes for our centres. At least sign one experienced frst grade centre so that the likes of Aitken and Lafai have true competition for their positions.

This policy should apply to all positions where possible. Nobody could have anticipated the loss of JDB and Frizell however, their loss wll really expose our young forwards to the riggers of first grade way belore Mary is prepared to give them a run. Let's hope that Mary and Young give them plenty of help during the week.

How can the likes of Dufty, Widdop and Norman go through the off-season without our coaching staff noticing their ability to perform to a suitable standard in the positions they were selected. To me it was a big surprise to see how poorly our team performed and especially how the players in our spine performed.

Latest posts