1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Manly Minor Premiers?

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Disco, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Disco

Disco Bench

Ok so before you all jump on me, this is IF we beat the dragons and that is a very very big if.

But if we do happen to take the two points on Sunday i think we could be a very outside chance on finishing minor premiers, i mean it of course is very unlikely, but victory would put us only 4 points off the lead with a decent run home, Stewart returning and The Dogs playing the Titans the following week.

As i said, very unlikely but we have won 6 of our last 7 with the one loss to the titans clearly a cecchin mistake.

and no, this is not based on one win against the dogs:roll:

2. gong_eagle

gong_eagle First Grade

Honestly I cant see that happening

3. Bobby DIGital

Bobby DIGital Coach

Get your hand off it.

4. t-ba

t-ba Immortal

I think a top four finish would be nice. We've left our run much too late for the MP...

5. Big Time

Big Time Juniors

As you all keep telling us, the Dragons will choke sooner or later. We have had a good run though.

Maybe Sea Eagles can be minor premiers. Brett Stewart (God, saviour whatever you wish to call him) will be back soon. I have heard he has grown a beard and taken to wearing a white sheet and handing out loaves of bread and fish to the homeless in Sydney during his extended break. He has quite a following and some people have been seen laying down palm leaves for him to walk over.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  6. Loudstrat

Loudstrat Coach

:lol:

Eagles can do it. I expect them to beat the Dragons btw.

7. Big Time

Big Time Juniors

Both teams depth will be tested. Dragons stood up against Penrith with a lot of players out. Manly struggled earlier in the season with their back up players. No doubt will be confident after a good couple of months though so will be interesting. Should be a good game, but would have been nice to have seen it played a couple of weeks later with everyone there.

Whilst Lyon was ruled out of SOO3 will he be fit for Sunday??

8. GB!

GB! Juniors

might have left MP run a bit short, but put your mums house on manly to win the comp!

9. Garts

Garts Bench

No chance. We would need to go virtually undeafeted and other teams would need to stumble badly. I am hoping for a 5th place finish.

10. jono

jono Juniors

Dragons will beat Manly this weekend

11. Dazraider

Dazraider Juniors

Dragons will win by 20 or more this week

12. Snoop

Snoop Coach

My NRL ladder predictor puts us 5th. I'd be happy with that.

13. Bulldog Force

Bulldog Force Referee

You guys will be a mathematic chance, but on top of that, you'll need plenty of other results going your way which I can't see happening. Basically, if you guys lose on Sunday, kiss it goodbye. Other teams are in much better form this season and want it more.

14. t-ba

t-ba Immortal

I'd say so.

I know it's a dross sport, but the Carrara Bearlions won three consecutive flogball premierships earlier in the decade and didn't secure a single minor premiership at the time. The key is to be anywhere above 7th and firing come the final few weeks.

15. Rodent

Rodent Bench

Dragons have 7 forwards missing(Weyman, Poore, Creagh, Jeremy Smith, Prior, Costigan and Paea) and will still beat Manly.....I think that says it all.

16. Cletus

Cletus First Grade

I was actually thinking about having a bet on it, we're 40 to 1 which is a nice price. Unlikely though and the Dragons will probably beat us this week.

17. Gaba

Gaba First Grade

if manly win al ltheir game they will finish on 38 points

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  18. Western_Eel

Western_Eel Juniors

This weekend doesnt count, SOO!

19. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

Yep, they'd be relying on teams like us, Saints, Melbourne, Gold Coast etc to fall over big time. People seem to be looking at us as a team to fall, I beg to differ, we'll have most of our players back for the Titans game if not the week after vs Parra. Our run in is relatively easy too, if memory serves.

20. gong_eagle

gong_eagle First Grade

did you see him @ Ashfield ?