What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Minor Premiers?

Ryan

Juniors
Dragons have 7 forwards missing(Weyman, Poore, Creagh, Jeremy Smith, Prior, Costigan and Paea) and will still beat Manly.....I think that says it all.

yeah, Manly only have:-

Brett Stewart
Jamie Lyon
Josh Perry
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart
Heath Le'Strange
David Williams

Shane Rodney returning from injury
Steve Matai playing injured

all out.....but great story anyway imbecile.

And I think Manly will account for themselves extremely well, at The Dragons home ground, regardless.

Alex28

Coach
and no, this is not based on one win against the dogs:roll:
You have beaten the Dogs, the Broncos without Hunt and Hodges, and a bunch of gumbies. You've had both byes as well. Absolutely no chance of being minor premiers.

You guys are one injury away from being back in oblivion. Seriously - lose Lyon or Orford for any extended period and you guys are gone.

clipser

Juniors
You guys are one injury away from being back in oblivion. Seriously - lose Lyon or Orford for any extended period and you guys are gone.

This applys to most teams and losing standout players.... :sarcasm:

Firey_Dragon

Coach

Brett Stewart
Jamie Lyon
Josh Perry
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart
Heath Le'Strange
David Williams

And I think Manly will account for themselves extremely well, at The Dragons home ground, regardless.
You can add Beau Scott to our list of missing blokes.

In any case, Manly getting the minor premiership is at long odds, irrespective of whether they beat us or not. I don't know what other teams runs home are, but we have the bye, and 5 sides in the bottom 8 to play in the remaining 8 rounds.

Big Time

Juniors

Brett Stewart
Jamie Lyon
Josh Perry
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart
Heath Le'Strange
David Williams

Is Matai really injured. I reckon he bungs it on half the time. It amazes me how he always seems to pull himself together and play on. What a hero.

As I have said before. It is a shame this game is being played without so many A-graders available from both sides.

gregstar

Referee
if browneye was still the coach, playing the bottom 8 sides would be a gamble.

with creeping, we're a good chance of winning the minor premiership, which is a dead set over-achievement.

jimmythehand

Juniors
i'm with gregstar. Bennett has done an amazing job with some of those Dragons players that were average first graders at best in previous years. Hard to see them stumbling before the finals, and almost certain Minor Premiers. But come semi-final time I think it's a completely new ball game for all teams involved. It's going to be interesting to see how each team handles it.

Alex28

Coach
This applys to most teams and losing standout players.... :sarcasm:
Er...yes...but Manly are already down one outstanding player aren't they? Most teams can be competitive down one standout players, but generally not down two. Sure, they are beating teams (finally) without Stewart, but add an Orford or Lyon to that mix and they are gone.

That's why it makes me laugh seeing clueless Manly fans cream their pants after one decent win against decent competition. Long way to go just yet...

Jasdragon

Juniors
i'm with gregstar. Bennett has done an amazing job with some of those Dragons players that were average first graders at best in previous years. Hard to see them stumbling before the finals, and almost certain Minor Premiers. But come semi-final time I think it's a completely new ball game for all teams involved. It's going to be interesting to see how each team handles it.

I think the f**king Storm are a big chance of the MP again :x.

Jasdragon

Juniors
Is Matai really injured. I reckon he bungs it on half the time. It amazes me how he always seems to pull himself together and play on. What a hero.

As I have said before. It is a shame this game is being played without so many A-graders available from both sides.

Matai is always injured (???) he loves the attention it brings :D.

Bodsy

Juniors
I think they have started their run a little too late.

I say they are going to come 5th. Beaten by Dogs in 4th by Points Difference.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Er...yes...but Manly are already down one outstanding player aren't they? Most teams can be competitive down one standout players, but generally not down two. Sure, they are beating teams (finally) without Stewart, but add an Orford or Lyon to that mix and they are gone.

That's why it makes me laugh seeing clueless Manly fans cream their pants after one decent win against decent competition. Long way to go just yet...

We have lost Lyon through origin and injury for 3 games (since our streak of 6 from 7) and we won all 3 games.

Also, who the hell are you calling clueless. You are writing off the reigning premiers because of a bad start to the season. I believe we have plenty of improvement to go before we can challenge for the title, but writing us off is what I call clueless.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
We have lost Lyon through origin and injury for 3 games (since our streak of 6 from 7) and we won all 3 games.

Also, who the hell are you calling clueless. You are writing off the reigning premiers because of a bad start to the season. I believe we have plenty of improvement to go before we can challenge for the title, but writing us off is what I call clueless.

I'm not calling you clueless.
I'm calling you scum - because that's what you are - Manly scum.

However, you're also clueless.

Sleep

Juniors
Manly have just been looking far better of late in every area. Earlier this year they were losing to some seriously average teams. In the past month or so, even without Stewart and losing a ton of guys to representative duty things have started to click for them.

Even before the Bulldogs match they were on the rise. That win will do wonders for them and their confidence. They beat one of the top ranked teams without their best strike weapon and managed to shut them down when they were near a full strength side.

Earlier in the year you could blame a lot of it on confidence because for the two games Stewart came back they had no worries. They’re finally starting to get it done without him and at some point can expect him back.

While winning the minor premiership is reaching, at full strength they’re definitely one of the sides to beat. From what I can remember too, they’ve got a pretty soft run home which will only help them build towards when it matters.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Even before the Bulldogs match they were on the rise. That win will do wonders for them and their confidence. They beat one of the top ranked teams without their best strike weapon and managed to shut them down when they were near a full strength side,
Near full strength? Ben Hannant & Jamal Idris both out... full strength? Our two biggest strike weapons missing... yeah. "Full strength" :lol:

Sleep

Juniors
Hannant and Idris are your biggest strike weapons? No chance. Hannant is your best forward without a doubt but your forwards were dominated and I don't think he would of made a monumental difference.

Idris is young and raw and not to mention the second best centre at the club. Losing Ennis would hurt far more than Idris.

Neither of the two you were missing are even close to the level of or have the impact Stewart does to Manly.

Disco

Bench
:roll::roll::roll:

I dont see how im "creaming my pants", i said if we beat the dragons, which is certianly a 50/50. then we are a very outside chance of finishing 1st.

Basically if we beat the dragons then we are 4 points off the lead and a mathimatical chance of overcoming that.

wow how clueless of me