What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Minor Premiers?

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Shh you inbred f**k. One Manly fan said IF we beat dragons it MAY have been a possibility. Go somewhere where your contribution is needed. Like in bed with your cousin or something...

Disco

Bench
Ha, i love all the fans jump in to point out how wrong i was.

The fact is, i stated very clearly that if we were to beat the dragons we would be a slim hance at the mp...........we didnt beat the dragons so its all a mute point

ironhorse

Juniors
Ha, i love all the fans jump in to point out how wrong i was.

The fact is, i stated very clearly that if we were to beat the dragons we would be a slim hance at the mp...........we didnt beat the dragons so its all a mute point

a moot point dude not mute point ! If it was mute we wouldnt have heard it in the first place . :lol:

Rodent

Bench
:lol: This post is a barrel of lols, particuarly bolded. I know the saying. The question was if team beats another team in game of footy what do you think their chances are for the MP after that win? Relevance to that old saying please?

The middle paragraph is good, that all you should have posted originally because you actually answered the question posed without being a d*ck.

As for the last paragraph......was this thread about how capable they are of beating the dragons? No? Then irrelevant. The first poster clearly outlined that in the scenario that manly are 4 points behind.....ah whats the point :roll:
I guess I was just trying to point out that if you're going to make a thread along the lines of "what IF" then you should at least make it plausible. Today's result just reaffirmed how much this was a "pie in the sky" thread.
Manly haven't shown at any stage of the season that they are minor premiership material. They'll have to be content with trying to win a lot of finals games.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
yeah, Manly only have:-

Brett Stewart
Jamie Lyon
Josh Perry
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart
Heath Le'Strange
David Williams

Shane Rodney returning from injury
Steve Matai playing injured

all out.....but great story anyway imbecile.

And I think Manly will account for themselves extremely well, at The Dragons home ground, regardless.

Nice try....close game huh??

caspersparks

Juniors
ok... lets just calm down saints fans...
yes, well deserved win, and soward has proven again he sould have been in the blues over wallace..

but come the finals, if both teams are playing each other again, both teams will look ALOT different, if the drangs can beat a full strength manly team (with stewart), then i'll take my hat off to them, otherwise i still dont rate them better than the eagles...

brendothejet

First Grade
SAINTS MISSING:

Weyman
Poore
J. Smith
Costigan
Boyd
Creagh
M. Paea

An entire first choice forward pack and we still won by 30.

Heaven help a side that has to face us at full tilt.

Cletus

First Grade
Jesus wept, I'd hate to see how Dragons fans would react if they actually won a premiership.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
lol @ Manly 40 Gimps 0. Can't handle a loss so goes frothing at the maths.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Jesus wept, I'd hate to see how Dragons fans would react if they actually won a premiership.

Let them keep jerking each other off. People comparing the missing players from St. George to Manly missing 6 Australian reps are dopes. Funny thing is every year this decade St. George have talked themselves up only to crash and burn when it counts. Same will happen this year.

Fair play to the Dragons though. Although you did have a bit of luck, the game was over within fifteen minutes. Always been a big fan of Soward and today highlighted how he can dominate teams.

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Let them keep jerking each other off. People comparing the missing players from St. George to Manly missing 6 Australian reps are dopes. Funny thing is every year this decade St. George have talked themselves up only to crash and burn when it counts. Same will happen this year.

Fair play to the Dragons though. Although you did have a bit of luck, the game was over within fifteen minutes. Always been a big fan of Soward and today highlighted how he can dominate teams.
Jeremy Smith - Kiwi International
Michael Weyman - NSW
Justin Poore - NSW
Ben Creagh - NSW and Australia
Darius Boyd - QLD and Australia
Neville Costigan - QLD

Yes you guys had alot more "rep" players missing than us, clearly hah. I don't think anyone is really talking it up, but I think any Manly fan saying we had an advantage with the amount of players we had missing is clearly delusional. We simply had more depth to cover these positions, but our entire first string forward pack was sitting on the sidelines, and we had only one forward on the bench.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Brett Stewart - NSW and Australia
Glenn Stewart - NSW and Australia
Jamie Lyon - NSW and Australia
Josh Perry - NSW and Australia
David Williams - NSW and Australia
Anthony Watmough - NSW and Australia

Plus Shane Rodney (up there in our top 5 best players this year) and Heath L'Estrange, and then Steve Matai gone for half an hour. So yeah, I daresay the players we were missing > the players you were missing. Probably wouldn't have mattered, can't remember the last time we won down there.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Hey cousin f**ker. What is this I hear about Centrelink signing on as Knights major sponsor? Sounds like a smart deal to me, 95% of you Newy inbreds are already affiliated with the name..
:lol: Well considering Coal and Allied are signed on for another two years IIRC as major sponsor, I guess you're an idiot :)

Latest posts