What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly releases Watmough.

BunniesMan

Immortal
THE Sea Eagles have confirmed Anthony Watmough’s release to the Eels.

In a bombshell press conference, the club also announced:

* EXPERIENCED forwards Willie Mason, Feleti Mateo and Siosaia Vave will join the club for 2015, with the club having lost Glenn Stewart, Jason King and Watmough;

* Jamie Lyon has re-signed until the end of 2016;

* Joe Kelly will become the club’s new CEO from November 24. He is the former chief financial officer at South Sydney.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...mason-in-new-ceo/story-fniabool-1227104562244

Real changing of the guard at Manly. In full rebuild mode now. No Watmough, no G Stewart for 2015.

They've made the finals an incredible 10 years in a row. Will that streak end in 2015?

hahagold

Juniors
In full rebuild mode? We lost 3 30+ players that are all forwards. Hardly a crisis. We still have our spine intact. I think we look stronger in 2015. We have gained some size and experience.

Gift didnt even play all year, King did nothing all year, and choc is getting worse and all he does is crab sideways now. We still came 2nd during the normal season and got shafted with injuries at the end of the year and got monstered by big packs.

We will be better in 2015.

Snappy

Coach
It had to be done. Manly didn't need watmong destabilising another season.

I was secretly hoping Bennett would bring Big Willie up to Brisbane so that sux.

oikee

Juniors
Another broken down old hack leaving the Eagles.
I am surprised it was not another reject winger.
If Manly are looking for any replacements, look no further than the Roosters trillion dollar roster.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
They'll make the lower reaches of the eight. Their spine is still very good with a decent support cast.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Happy to see the back of Watmough. A petulant child. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Choc.

Happy with Mason for a season and cautiously optimistic about Mateo. Doesn't have to be the best in the league, but if Tooves and the coaching staff can tap most of his potential then its a coup.

Vave is a big body which is desperately needed too. If they get Tetevano registered too then the pack looks to have some size about it.

All in all, a win for Manly!

rabbitohs95

Bench
Love how the Manly folk trash talk their players after they've done so much for the club, especially with the success they helped bring.

Anyway seems to be a really odd transfer period, loads of players breaking contracts and switching from teams they've been with for their whole career. Gonna be an odd season in 2015.

simon says

First Grade
As a non Manly fan...I think they are pretty good signings.

They def have more beef up front now,and Martel could be a real coup.

I reckon he could really shine with some decent game time and some speedy backs following him.

I can see why they let Choc go...on huge coin and always injured and in Origin.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Love how the Manly folk trash talk their players after they've done so much for the club, especially with the success they helped bring.

Anyway seems to be a really odd transfer period, loads of players breaking contracts and switching from teams they've been with for their whole career. Gonna be an odd season in 2015.

Watmough has completely destabilised the club for the entire 2014 season.

Has he been a good servant for the club? Up until this year, yes.

Am I and most Manly supporters glad to see the back of a sook who has tried his best to destroy the club from within? Yes.

We aren't talking about Steve Menzies here pal. This bloke has chosen his path. Why should we thank him for it?

Latest posts