What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Mau

gustarny

Juniors
Hoping Mau is ok didnt play much of the second half and was not on the bench .Does anyone have any news on his injury.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I remember he came out of a tackle a bit dazed, then looked at his arm for 3 to 5 seconds then pulled himself straight and got back into the game. Then he must have went off.
Either concussion or he has done damage to the arm he broke last time... Only guessing though...

Parraren

Bench
Well we're rooted if he's injured.

Only one that can hold his head up high week in week out.

Bigfella

Coach
No he's not mate.

He's been out best by miles but:

Tapau, Ryan James, taumalalo, and the bloke from the storm have all been more dominant.

I really think we overrate some of our blokes massively.

He's been good. But he hasn't been the best in the comp.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No he's not mate.

Tapau, Ryan James, taumalalo, and the bloke from the storm have all been more dominant.

But conversely, they're also playing in sides that aren't a waste of cap space like the Eels...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think we need to get him more ball, he runs like a demon and has a great step.

Problem is so many others in the team are just not playing well at all.

Kornstar

Coach
No he's not mate.

And as per usual when players like Tapau and James are on the market we are nowhere near them.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think we need to get him more ball, he runs like a demon and has a great step.

Problem is so many others in the team are just not playing well at all.

Our only attacking option at the moment seems to be a short side raid, which Ma'u is more often than not involved in, whether as a ball carrier or decoy runner.

We need to work more on these short side raids, because we don't seem to have the players to deliver long side sweeping backline plays and we execute them poorly in any case.

Incorrect

Coach
I think not only has he been our best back-rower, he's almost been our best centre.... his time in the backline V the Dogs and the Tigers, has probably been the best centre we've had this year!!! At the very least, 2nd behind Taka

forward pass

Coach

Agree - a lot of posters on here get very excited about guys who put in every week. Guys that show a bit of passion.

Shouldn't every bloody player be like that? Mau is good, but nowhere near one of the top backrowers.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agree - a lot of posters on here get very excited about guys who put in every week. Guys that show a bit of passion.

Shouldn't every bloody player be like that? Mau is good, but nowhere near one of the top backrowers.

And who do you see as the top back-rowers?

Because they play in better sides, and I'm confident if you compare Ma'u with the top players, his stats compare favourably.

forward pass

Coach
And who do you see as the top back-rowers?

Because they play in better sides, and I'm confident if you compare Ma'u with the top players, his stats compare favourably.

Taumalolo, Cordner, Proctor, Josh Jackson, Taupau, Hoffman, Stewart off the top of my head.

I am not saying I don't rate Mau. I do. But I don't think he is one of the top backrowers - yet.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Taumalolo, Cordner, Proctor, Josh Jackson, Taupau, Hoffman, Stewart off the top of my head.

I am not saying I don't rate Mau. I do. But I don't think he is one of the top backrowers - yet.

Well, for starters, half the guys you mentioned are tight forwards and not edge forwards like Ma'au.

I don't think he's the best edge forward, but he's not far off. He'd walk into any club's 17 imo.

Latest posts