What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Vatuvei

Scott

Bench
Stupid, greedy merkin. He should be put away for 20 years! But he will probably just get home detention knowing our country & system. f**king disgusting human.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Absolute shame, had so much potential post career to use his name to uplift the pacific community in his area

In saying that, he has popped up at the right time for punishment, the govt pander to the gangs etc these days so he might get off lightly

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Despite comments above about "the system" and "the government" (what that has to do with a Judge's sentencing in a criminal case I have no idea), the reality is that importing/exporting/distributing meth in NZ is taken almost as seriously as murder. We don't know what exactly he has pleaded guilty to yet, but 10+ years in prison is commonplace.

Rich102

Staff member
I wonder on what grounds he had his name suppressed.
Seems too common and casts a shadow on others.

JJ

Immortal
Well that was over quickly - all the posturing through social media, and proving my innocence bullshit was just that...

f**king twat...

Blair

Coach
Despite comments above about "the system" and "the government" (what that has to do with a Judge's sentencing in a criminal case I have no idea), the reality is that importing/exporting/distributing meth in NZ is taken almost as seriously as murder. We don't know what exactly he has pleaded guilty to yet, but 10+ years in prison is commonplace.
Manu will serve less time than the average person convicted of a similar offence. This is presuming Manu has contributed a lot to society for 99% of his working life as opposed to the average sort of person who does this sort of thing.

This is also presuming the judge doesn't take the opportunity to make an example of him, which wouldn't be fair.

On a micro level I looked out from my balcony the other day and saw a meth addict down on the street. Whatever synthetic, foreign-sourced, gear she was using I'd never seen anything like it. She was punching herself, scratching at her skin, in desperation for another hit.

On a macro level, Manu, how could you?

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Manu will serve less time than the average person convicted of a similar offence. This is presuming Manu has contributed a lot to society for 99% of his working life as opposed to the average sort of person who does this sort of thing.

This is also presuming the judge doesn't take the opportunity to make an example of him, which wouldn't be fair.

On the micro level I looked out from my balcony the other day and saw a meth addict down on the street. Whatever synthetic, foreign-sourced, gear she was using I'd never seen anything like it. She was punching herself, scratching at her skin, in desperation for another hit.

Manu, how could you?

Yeah he will probably get a small discount at the last stage of the sentencing process for prior good character etc. Starting point of the sentence is the most important factor though in terms of where the actual sentence will end up, and that is based on the offending itself.

By the sounds of what he has pleaded guilty to, he will be facing years behind bars. Just a question of exactly how many.

jc155776

Coach
People of ‘good character’ who import meth get harder sentences. They have bones use other than greed. They use their character to disguise what they do, profiting off misery. Absolute piece of shit.

I f**king loved all the posturing bullshit on social media as well. So easy to see through the bullshit.

Reactions: JJ
I read one of the reports and it went into quite a lot of detail.

It seems his Brother was the main player. Manu possibly the Financer. Either way Manu has lost his Marriage, full custody of his kids, probably all his money and now his freedom

Very sad situation

Blair

Coach
People of ‘good character’ who import meth get harder sentences. They have bones use other than greed. They use their character to disguise what they do, profiting off misery. Absolute piece of shit.

I f**king loved all the posturing bullshit on social media as well. So easy to see through the bullshit.
Yeah, we know, we get it. He's no good. But there's not much need to drop in here and confirm it, is there?

As Warriors fans, this hurts. Manu was like a close 'friend', over the years it gets that personal.

betcats

Referee
I read one of the reports and it went into quite a lot of detail.

It seems his Brother was the main player. Manu possibly the Financer. Either way Manu has lost his Marriage, full custody of his kids, probably all his money and now his freedom

Very sad situation

I read report that said there is footage of he and his brother unpacking a box of hair ties and pulling nine bags of meth out, seems he was up to his neck in it.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
His much older brother has been a very high ranking gang guy for 20+ years. Hard to know how easy it would have been for Manu to say no tbh

Latest posts