What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mario, Sequel or no Sequel?

lionmaul

Juniors
I know you may not be able to say yet. But when will we know if there is going to be one.
And if there is going to be one, what would be some of the changes in game play you would like to implement. What are some added game play features that "YOU" would like to see.
Cheers and Salu

NPK

Bench
and also, have you seen any sugestions on this forum that you are seriously thinking about putting into the sequel?

Mario

Juniors
There is nothing I can really say at this point in time. For a couple of reasons, discussions are ongoing, though a sequel is likely at some point.

Bear the following in mind though

1. given the time it would take to produce a sequel, its unlikely one would be seen this year

2. for a sequel we would be wanting to improve a number of aspects of the game as well as adding new features such as online play and a franchise mode

3. yes, we will consider including jumping! (and other peoples suggestions on this and other forums)

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
wat are the odds of having set plays for moves such as inside balls and rap-arounds? i feel that would be a pretty awsome feature :D :D

Mario

Juniors
KimmorleyKiller said:
wat are the odds of having set plays for moves such as inside balls and rap-arounds? i feel that would be a pretty awsome feature :D :D

I couldn't speculate on individual features at this stage.

Dragon

Coach
Um, no. You can make a game realistic without it, look at PES3. EA used motion capture for Rugby and look how crapo that was.

lionmaul

Juniors
3. yes, we will consider including jumping! (and other peoples suggestions on this and other forums) MARIO Quote!

Dam, you really are looking closely at this forum, you knew that is the feature I am pushing the most without me even saying anything about jumping on this thread. :lol:
Thanks for the response. Looking forward to it.

Mario

Juniors
lionmaul said:
Dam, you really are looking closely at this forum, you knew that is the feature I am pushing the most without me even saying anything about jumping on this thread. :lol:

Its hard to miss when you have requested it so many times on multiple forums :)

We are doing our best to collate everybodys suggestions and feedback so that if and when we get the go ahead we can hit the ground running.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
There are so many suggestions that I want to see. My fatigue suggestion is I feel a must to give the game a reality aspect, also Judicary needs to be included at some point maybe not the next one but possibly if we get a run of these.

lionmaul

Juniors
kiwi_man said:
less high tackles!
and video ref

I really don't find this to be a problem, if you concentrate more on using the aggresive button before the tackle rather then the aggression tackle you will stop many players without getting penalized. You should only use the aggression tackle button as a last resort and if you do this you will not get penalized but maybe 40% of the time when you use it. Give it I try.

inertia666

Juniors
what the f**k would you need a video ref for? it's a computer for gods sake, the ref doesn't need to be wrong. the last thing i look for in a game is more time away from the actual gameplay. rugby 2004 was dreadful for that.

-JJ-

Juniors
I know this is a league forum and all, but I've had a bit of time recently and I looked at how you would convert "Stacey Jones Rugby League" into a union game.

From what I've come up with, I think that converting it could happen, and you wouldn't have to start from scratch. There are some obvious things such as lineouts, rucks, scrums (real ones), etc that need to be changed but there's also a solid base to build off including kicking, button configuration, graphics, running passing, most tackling etc. I've got a long list some where, I might put it up on www.therugbyforum.com (should be back up) or if you're interested Mario I could PM it. I realise you must be busy now with the PSP thing, but I hope you seriously consider it for a realise in 2005 when I believe a lot of rugby game licenses are freed up (hint). If you could get franchise in then you'd have one up over WCR (which I think will be good, but two quality union games are always wanted) and about 500 points up over Rugby 2004.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
well considering they will be making the greatest RL game of all time with all the good suggestions on this forum they simply won't have time. :p

Latest posts