What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mark barnes?

coupy73

Juniors
Hi
as a hull kingston rovers supporter (but based in oz) can you guys tell me anything about Mark Barnes. he has just been signed as our assistant coach for next year, apparently played for parra (scrum half i think)

any info??

cheers

Stagger eel

Staff member
mate, he hasn't been involved at our club since 1993 I think..he had a season or 2 at the Roosters after that. coaching record?? no idea!!

From memory isn't Justin Morgan the HKR coach?? if so, he may of played with him at Parra in the early 90's.

coupy73

Juniors
eelavation said:
mate, he hasn't been involved at our club since 1993 I think..he had a season or 2 at the Roosters after that. coaching record?? no idea!!

From memory isn't Justin Morgan the HKR coach?? if so, he may of played with him at Parra in the early 90's.

yes mate justin morgan is the coach, and we have a former parra player in James webster.
Just won the finals to get in to the national league grand final, if they win that they will be in super league next year. So Justin is doing a fantastic job at Hull kr

emjaycee

Coach
Played his junior football in the Parra district (initially at Guildford I recall) and made grade at Parramatta as a hooker/five-eighth in the early nineties.

Had a smart football brain and although not the fastest and not the largest player he was solid. Reddish/Blonde hair and a good trainer.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I remember I got Barnes' autograph in person when I was 6, while he was playing for Parra. I didnt know who he was, but then saw him on TV scoring a try I was cheerin. :D

Parra Guru

Coach
emjaycee said:
Played his junior football in the Parra district (initially at Guildford I recall) and made grade at Parramatta as a hooker/five-eighth in the early nineties.

Had a smart football brain and although not the fastest and not the largest player he was solid. Reddish/Blonde hair and a good trainer.

Most likely a friend of Morgs' he played his junior footy in the area and grew up in Guildford

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Barnes was 5/8 in 89, hooker in 90/91.....Played a year at Easts in 93, in his comeback game ironically against Parra in 93...Brett Kenny scored an intercept of hi spass to make it 12-2 at half time, we ended up wining 18-2, Barnes im pretty sure retired at the end of the year.

Wasn't a bad player though, very solid.

emjaycee

Coach
Parra Guru said:
Most likely a friend of Morgs' he played his junior footy in the area and grew up in Guildford

I know Barnes played some local junior footy for a team at Greystanes as well and played with Andrew Fitzhenry (Penrith '87, Parra '89 - '92), Danny Crnkovich (Parra '87 - '95) and Danny Farrar (Penrith '93 - '97).
Greg Drake (Parra '91) also played at the same jnr club but was a year behind the above. There was also a St George lower grade player (Mark McLean) who played in the same junior team. No wonder they won a few comps at the time.

Mark Barnes definately had blonde hair & he is no relation of Jimmy as far as I am aware. (Barnes not Webster)
:roll: :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
NorthShoreEel said:
Mark Barnes definately had blonde hair & he is no relation of Jimmy as far as I am aware. (Barnes not Webster)
:roll: :D

have you ever seen jimmy Webster and nikki Webster in the same room???? ;-)

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
<UPtheEELS> said:
how can you laugh at Jimmy Webster!!!!!!! Smart smart man.

i once saw him get his undies ripped off while still wearing pants... he ain't that smart!

Latest posts