What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Broadhurst

Blair

Coach
https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/...ark-broadhurst-reveals-battle-with-alzheimers

Hard hard man from my limited recollection as a kid. Underrated, but I think still fondly remembered at Manly

Sad to read, but he said he wouldn’t change a thing...

I knew it'd be bad news.

Broadhurst was a tank, and was first-picked for the Kiwis and, for the most part, his club sides.

Played in that memorable upset-win over Australia at Lang Park in '83. A game watched by a huge Saturday night audience in NZ and did so much to advance league there.

Broadhurst, Varley, out to Kurt Sorenson, and a ball out to Ropati and Ropati's in! Oh, I don't believe it! What a great try! Look at the New Zealanders, they have gone mad here!

Daryl Eastlake. Channel Nine.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hopefully got a few good years still left in him. Billy Connolly has been managing with a similar condition for a while now. Good to hear he’s fairly at peace with it. it’s sad to see though. I think my mum’s going that way, she’s 75 and really slowing down, she had to give up driving this year.

Latest posts