What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Gasnier and Kyle Stanley

rasaint

Juniors
Just back from the game. Sat on the hill with a great view. I know I will get howled down but Mark looked no different to 2006. Unsure in defense and never threatened. I want him to succeed because that means the team will succeed.Guys he is not in my opinion worth the big dollars and this will probably cause some team unrest.Coops,Scott and Stanley are all better and we have him sucking the cap for 3 years hence.

In contrast Kyle Stanley looks sharp and composed. However, wish Kyle would have thrown it to Fai Fai loa about 1/2 way through the 2nd half. He went himself when the winger was a 40 metre sprint for the try. Ben Hornby had a serious word to him I notice.

Anyway, it just wasn't our night, two tries disallowed, Sowie almost around the fullback for a try, 50/50 call on Priddis penalty goal. Panthers are a very good side.

watatank

Coach
It's Gaz's first game back. Still doesn't excuse him from making those two blunders with the ball but I think it's too early to write him off.

saints_fireup

Juniors
He's had three sessions with the team. Sure, he made two blatant errors. However, his overall performance was what any rational person should have expected.

Saintsman

Juniors
Gaz was a good pick-up. With Saffy going to go, Scott can take his spot on the bench. Then when Cooper/Gaz is out, Scott goes back into that center role.

steela

Juniors
the 2 mistakes have nothing to do with match fitness or whatever, simple dropped ball... but yeah otherwise he needs some time.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Got to laugh at the Gaz-bagging. The guy hasn't played any sport since April, and for the 18 months leading up to then he played on the wing in Rugby Union! 1st vs 2nd on the ladder, appauling conditions..talk about getting thrown in the deep end.

Had we been near full-strength tonight, Bennett would not have named him. I felt sorry for him after the game.

keeping an eye out for these same posters applauding Gasnier's brilliance in 4 or 5 weeks time.

Can you guys please bring back the banner

"Cooking with Gaz"

and it had that little gas flame on the side,
easily my favorite banner in all of rugby league.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Gaz looked like a twig out there, f**k he has done no weights while being in sh*thouse union. I was shocked at his size, his legs had nothing, therefore no leg power like in the past. He needs weeks in shellharbour in my opinion, 1st grade from scratch like this is to big a jump and he will need a whole preseason to get back his size :(. I personally would stick with Scott in the centres or even Stanley at least till Gaz gets some real training under his belt, he was never really tested tonight in defense and looked vulnerable when they did go his way, especially next to Soward.

saints4ever

First Grade
gasnier didnt look terrible, he looked underdone. dont forget hes only had three training sessions with us and hasnt played a game of footy in months, unlike tuquiri who had played the previous week before his first tigers game. or even psychobot tahu who had the benefit of an off season. there were tiny signs of the footwork, but he was well contained, watch out when he gets his timing back and starts linking up with soward and boyd.

just like you wankers decided to fix the salary cap ay.

Have to say I did crack the sh*ts at first but sh*t happens one loss means sh*t, especially under the circumstances and hey, ya cant win em all.
I think you can tell gaz is fair dinkum just by the way he has spoken in his interviews, he is comitted and wants to be here, give the man time and he will be back to his best

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Give him time and Gasnier will be of value to the team. Needs to freshen up,toughen up and bulk up. Game time will be important to him and when he gets to have the benefit of Bennetts input results will flow.

Patients please!!

Lancelot:cool:

Ben Creagh tried his heart out, Panthers were just more eager to win!
Gotta watch out for these Panthers...I'm confident though both teams full strength we will beat them...

MattYg1

Bench
Hmmm you knew these threads were going happen...

Personally I think he went fine, he look sharp charging onto the ball a few times in the second half (two dropped balls not included) and he looked to be really in the game talking it up...

With his first game back your not looking for a blinder but your looking for effort and attitude and I didnt see anything wrong with either of those two parts of his game.

Latest posts