What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark McLinden

PTB

Juniors
For those of you interested in Mark McLinden's progress in England - he made a try scoring debut and set up two more for his new club - London Broncos on Sunday.

London beat Warrington 28 - 24. McLinden set up the first try, sending former Manly and Sydney (Roosters) stand off Luke Dorn in under the sticks after 40 seconds. He also set up former Manly forward Solomon Haumono for a try in the corner.

He played really well, tackled his heart out and showed some good touches, combining well with NZ test scrum half Thomas Leuluia.

aussies1st

Staff member
lol just great when a player leaves our club they play to their potential. What is up with that.

aussies1st

Staff member
I guess so, must be his coaching style that resticts players so they can't play their best. Or he picks them out of position to often.

Marty played well in one game....his problem, IMO, was consistency, when he turned up he was good, when he didn't the Raiders sucked.

Brimmer

Juniors
The reason Marty will go over there is because he won't be scared of the opposition. Back in Oz... he was a cat. You could tell by the way he went into tackles. He was shitscared of being hurt or ruining that hybrid mullet bizzo on his melon.

Marty is a great player. I think his problem in the NRL was not a coaching issue, not a skill issue, purely a mental issue. Overseas, he will know he is good and play to his ability.

aussies1st

Staff member
Yea i think you have it spot on Brimmer. Anyway we wait to hear the week by week progression of our ex Raider then we can make a full judgement on him.

PTB

Juniors
London won 72-8 at the weekend. Mark got one try (he picked the ball up from dummy half, skipped passed about 5 defenders and dived in under the sticks) and set up a couple more. He played really well. His tackling and general commitment in defence is very good, certainly not a weakness.

skeepe

Immortal
PTB, is it true that he was a substitute in that game? If so, it looks as though Marty's consistency has stayed true to form.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
well u cant say that hes played 2 games and played well in 2...it is a little strange putting teh captin on teh bentch tho :?

MONY

Juniors
while mclinden is a decent player i guess it isnt hard to shine in england

Latest posts