What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark \"Scatty\" Geyer says Roosters 'not tough'!

Chook

First Grade
When will these westies learn to keep their mouths shut? Last time it was Miss 'Hilary' Clinton flapping her gums saying 'bring it on', and now we have Forest Gump Geyer saying we're not tough!

There we were, having a nice quite build up to the grand final and now he's gone and rattled our cage. Obviously Mark 'Simple Simon' Geyer can't remember back to round 20, July 27 when we smashed the pennies WITHOUT Fitzgibbon and without Catic and with origin III being over only 10 days prior to that date.

Mark, Mark, Mark (I sound like a crow) here's a tip for you as a budding journo, start brain before engaging mouth!

Not tough :lol: :lol:

Where does he come up with this stuff?

Chook.

I bet he's very popular with the Penrith players too. After reading the other day that Hilary vowed to keep his mouth shut this time and do the talking on the field tells me he learned his lesson the first time.

I can just imagine the dressing rooms with his article posted all over the urinals.

Other than stupid Penrith supporters does anybody care what this dope thinks. He who used to wear his IQ on his back and the other night he was knocked out in some charity boxing match. The fool's brain cells are diminishing by the second! :lol:

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Other than stupid Penrith supporters does anybody care what this dope thinks. He who used to wear his IQ on his back and the other night he was knocked out in some charity boxing match. The fool's brain cells are diminishing by the second! :lol:
One would hope that Cayless, Catic & Co. would care enough to prove him wrong. But you know what, I won't loose any sleep over it knowing that our forwards have nothing to prove but they will do it anyway. As they have in previous encounters.

JJ

Immortal
Nobody listens to what MG says

But - he was (for a couple of years) the best 2nd rower in the game. It's just a shame that he and Morely are 10 years apart - wouldn't a 1991 Geyer vs a 2003 Morely have been something to see!!!!!!!

Bengal

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:

What fight was that then?

Has he had another fight since he fought Inga the Winger (where he went the distance and the fight was a draw).

If so - who knocked him out?

Bengal said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:

What fight was that then?

Has he had another fight since he fought Inga the Winger (where he went the distance and the fight was a draw).

If so - who knocked him out?

I don't know the name but Geyer was flattened the other night. Knocked out as cold as a july night in Penrith! :lol:

Bengal

Juniors
Wow it must've been a sight to behold!

I thought the big guy was going to get KO'd against Inga the Winger a few months back.
Inga's a beast of a man with awesome punching power!

So who ever knocked Geyer out the other night must be something!

JJ said:

But - he was (for a couple of years) the best 2nd rower in the game. It's just a shame that he and Morely are 10 years apart - wouldn't a 1991 Geyer vs a 2003 Morely have been something to see!!!!!!!

I feel that the difference between the two is that MG is easily baited. Morley on the other hand has "controlled agression".

On the field I would rather have Morley over MG anyday. MG has no respect for ref's and carry's a greater liability than Morley.

Catatonic_Omnivore said:
JJ said:

I feel that the difference between the two is that MG is easily baited. Morley on the other hand has "controlled agression".

On the field I would rather have Morley over MG anyday. MG has no respect for ref's and carry's a greater liability than Morley.

MG's from Mount Druitt! Say no more. :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
JJ said:

But - he was (for a couple of years) the best 2nd rower in the game.

The best second rower in the game at that time was the bloke that played beside him- John Cartwright closely followed by Sironen. Geyer was damaging but more to himself then anyone else. He had a huge career in front of him that ran off the rails. He is mostly remembered for the display in the Origin match then anything else.

Clinton and the rest of the Penrith forwards have not wanted to give any ammunition to the Roosters to feed off. Unfortunately Geyer is to thick to understand that.

He just has to jump in and stir shit up doesnt he. Morley & Fitzgibbon are damn tough. I think the Penrith pack is tougher though. Lang's just a psycho, Puletua is very scary, Galuvao's legs are like eucalyptis (sp??) trees, Clinton's the front rower of the future. And then they got Sattler who's just bred tough. Catic's playing against his old club so they'll know how to smash him.

Bengal

Juniors
I'd have Sirro ahead of Cartwright (just like most of the selectors had).

Too many silly offloads for my liking was Cartwrights main problem.

DaleyIsGod said:
He just has to jump in and stir sh*t up doesnt he. Morley & Fitzgibbon are damn tough. I think the Penrith pack is tougher though. Lang's just a psycho, Puletua is very scary, Galuvao's legs are like eucalyptis (sp??) trees, Clinton's the front rower of the future. And then they got Sattler who's just bred tough. Catic's playing against his old club so they'll know how to smash him.
Subjective really isn't it.

I think they are all tough. If toughness is defined in its broader sense. To me I would rather have a forward with controlled agression. Catic would be a weakness in this regard. The Panthers, I'm not sure, probably Sattler or Priddis. The rest is happy to go at it. Makes for an interesting battle up front.

The Roosters may not have legs the size of tree trunks but I beleive its what's between their ears & their left chest that counts. I think they proved it against the Dogs & Knights.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
JJ said:

So what? Fitler's home town is 5 minutes away. People are bred tough here not like your soft c#cks.

panthersballboy said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
JJ said:

So what? Fitler's home town is 5 minutes away. People are bred tough here not like your soft c#cks.

Weren't the Anita Cobby Killers from Mt Druitt?

Roosterphin

Juniors
DaleyIsGod said:
He just has to jump in and stir sh*t up doesnt he. Morley & Fitzgibbon are damn tough. I think the Penrith pack is tougher though. Lang's just a psycho, Puletua is very scary, Galuvao's legs are like eucalyptis (sp??) trees, Clinton's the front rower of the future. And then they got Sattler who's just bred tough. Catic's playing against his old club so they'll know how to smash him.

The Roosters have the best backrow in the competition and their forwards have hammered allcomers. No further comment required.

JJ

Immortal
Sorry - but in 1991 Geyer was the best 2nd rower - but in general Sironen and Cartwright were superior.

Geyer had a huge influence on the GF, on the SoO (remember NSW one the game where Wally stared him down) and the 2nd test against NZ that year (after being embarrassed in the first).

Morely is an ordinary player compared to Geyer - limited offloading ability. He might not be prone to the same emotional outbursts (admittedly Geyer's big flaw), but he is just as prone to the odd high short etc...

The thing they both have in common, is that they worry the opposition - but, yes I agree Morely has a few extra IQ points