What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marmin Barba signs with Titans

TheRam

Coach
Attitude wasn't the best going by reports, and there aren't that many Preston Campbells' out there, so I doubt he will amount to much in the long run.

Gronk

Staff member
Hard luck for Marmin snapping his knee again. Hope he can get a gig riding trackwork during his rehab or maybe as an elf in the Santa booth at Westfields.

Gronk

Staff member
*sigh*..

I believe he won't be ready play until 2014 due to a second knee op and even that might be long shot...

Barba tore his ACL 10 metres from where I was sitting after it buckled underneath him..the guy who tackled him from behind was another outside back who was about 50kgs wringing wet...

His knee looked OK yesterday.

marmin-makes-the-cut-111212.jpg

Marmin Barba trained with his Titans teammates for the first time yesterday. Pic: David Clark

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/12/11/443447_gold-coast-titans.html

strider

Post Whore
do u think maybe someone at the club is telling furffies about his knee as a way of downplaying his release?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
do u think maybe someone at the club is telling furffies about his knee as a way of downplaying his release?

Possible. Because of his name he has a much bigger profile than his ability deserves. We saw what happened with Daniel Mortimer fooling us all, and it was the fans that forced the club's hand with re-signing him.

Barba's a nuffy, yet here we are all talking about him. Titans fans will be doing likewise. Yet I bet very few Penrith fans even know they've 'stolen' Rory Brien from us, and at least that merkin has played first grade.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Not really worried. He has a lot of work to do to be an adequate first grader. Too many mistakes in him.

It may work out that he is a good player but we don't have the room for him and they see his faults.

Brien I don't know. He seems like a good young player, very solid but will he make a permanent first grader?

Marmin was a level above his teammates at Toyota Cup level - and while he has mistakes in him, a lot were saying the same about his brother.

He could well join the Albert Kelly Club of 'players we are glad we let go' but Kelly was all about his attitude. I would have liked the club to give him one more season at least.

yy_cheng

Coach
I fess up. I was 100km away and tackled him on my playstation nrl game. I guess its like a voodoo game

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Marmin was a level above his teammates at Toyota Cup level - and while he has mistakes in him, a lot were saying the same about his brother.

No they said he was too small and couldn't tackle. Marmin makes more stupid errors than great things he does. Still remember a game in NYC where he scored an awesome try and backed it up with gifting the opposition a try. I thought these forums would only talk up his great try and I was right, he could do no wrong.

Latest posts