What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maroons team for the successful 2021 Origin series

stryker

First Grade
This series depends upon who plays 1 & 6 for the Maroons.
Ben Hunt, Corey Norman, Moses Mbye, Corey Allen. Not even one of these guys should play.

davi

Juniors
Not a big fan but how Hess isn’t ahead of Su’A in form is beyond me

I thought Joe Ofahengaue was a bit surprise to be selected too. Admittedly I haven't watched the Tigers religiously but I would have thought he would have been thrown to scrap heap considering the Tigers up and down form. Ofahengaue has admitted he was surprised to be selected as well.

Hartwood

Juniors
I thought Joe Ofahengaue was a bit surprise to be selected too. Admittedly I haven't watched the Tigers religiously but I would have thought he would have been thrown to scrap heap considering the Tigers up and down form. Ofahengaue has admitted he was surprised to be selected as well.
Hess hasn't been playing much backrow, I think Josh Kerr should be considered

davi

Juniors
Felise Kaufusi will play for Queensland in origin 1 after beating tripping ban.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Na, he’s been good for the Tigers in a fairly mediocre side

davi

Juniors
Brimson is under an injury cloud with his knee.

Apparently that was a factor in deciding to start Val Holmes at fullback and AJ Brimson coming off the bench as utility. Brimson hasn't even been training with the team and is racing around the clock to be fit for the opener. Kyle Feldt will make his debut for Queensland on the wing.

davi

Juniors
I would be playing Brimson at 6, he's played much more there than Ponga has, and much more successfully. He's almost a like-for-like replacement for munster

I've read if Cameron Munster is ruled out for game 1, then Brimson will fill in at five-eight. That's a very shaky back up plan in my opinion. But Munster has said in the media he will play next week. The media has gone a bit quiet on Munster being in doubt the last couple of days which likely points to Munster will be playing.

The_Frog

First Grade
I've read if Cameron Munster is ruled out for game 1, then Brimson will fill in at five-eight. That's a very shaky back up plan in my opinion. But Munster has said in the media he will play next week. The media has gone a bit quiet on Munster being in doubt the last couple of days which likely points to Munster will be playing.
Queensland are renowned for this. Not only will Munster play, but he'll have a blinder.

stryker

First Grade
He has been mediocre at best, although his last couple of games were ok. Massive step up required here though.

ALX25

Bench
Well the HIA to Welch really caused issues for the side. Plenty of errors at the wrong times. One positive was the performance of Fotuaika. Holmes isn't a fullback. Munster should cease carrying on.

isaiah

Bench
Well the HIA to Welch really caused issues for the side. Plenty of errors at the wrong times. One positive was the performance of Fotuaika. Holmes isn't a fullback. Munster should cease carrying on.
Are offa’s Papers stamped now?

lockyno1

Post Whore
If Holmes is fullback again I swear...

Bloke is an utter dud there, he's an acceptable winger that's it.

jim_57

Staff member
Options for centre?

Tabuai-Fidow, Kris, Tuala.. Chambers?..

I’d be tempted to give HTF a spot and move Capewell to bench. Gagai probably has to stay due to lack of other options. Holmes, Brimson or Ponga ever player any centre?

Who cares who QLD pick now.

It's going to be a Blue Rinse this series.

Biggest series belting QLD ever got in the history of Origin coming up.

big hit!

Bench
Green made some questionable selection decisions, but he did the QLD thing basically - kept the players that did a job in the last series.

Another thing QLD do is change it up if it doesn't work any more.

ALX25

Bench
Options for centre?

Tabuai-Fidow, Kris, Tuala.. Chambers?..

I’d be tempted to give HTF a spot and move Capewell to bench. Gagai probably has to stay due to lack of other options. Holmes, Brimson or Ponga ever player any centre?

I'd go Taulagi as HTF is more of a winger. Tuala has really suspect defence. Not much else out there.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Capewell maybe into the 2nd row and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow into centres. Gotta get some speed in the back 5 to counter what NSW have. Ponga coming back in will offer more options as well.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think Queensland could have picked a team that could have beaten NSW last night. They were awesome and deserved the win, but Queensland contributed to the scoreline as well with a few questionable selections. A few players were clearly carrying injuries while others played well beneath themselves, Tino Fa'asuamalueai and David Fifita especially are quality players who are capable of much more.

I'd imagine the next two weeks would be an open audition and it will be a matter of who gets through and who puts their hand up. There's a few spots up for grabs and some of the players like Xavier Coates who struggled could earn a reprieve if they come out for their club side and smash it. I can't see too many out of left field selections, but then you may see a few surprise picks for Game III.

Otherwise it was such a disappointing display and I felt bad for the Townsville crowd who were desperate to cheer for the Maroons but just had nothing. That's probably the only Origin they'll get a chance to see and that was their reward, a record loss.