What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martin gone for the season

Blade23

Juniors
PENRITH young gun Te Maire Martin will miss the remainder of the NRL season after fracturing his shoulder at the weekend.
The young Panthers playmaker sustained the injury during Sunday’s loss to Cronulla.
Club boss Phil Gould confirmed via Twitter Martin will require surgery to repair the damage and will sit out the rest of 2016.
Te Maire Martin - fractured glenoid (shoulder). Displaced. Terrible injury, very painful & will require surgery Unfortunately out for season— Phil Gould (@Gus10Gould) April 26, 2016
Martin made his NRL debut on the back of James Segeyaro breaking his arm in the opening game of the season.
He had been playing five-eighth alongside Jamie Soward in the halves and was enjoying a solid rookie campaign until Sunday’s injury.
His spot in the side was under a question mark already with the return of Segeyaro likely pushing veteran Peter Wallace back into the halves.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...r/news-story/bc59c7704698f851d7cd0a9c463a88da

mxlegend99

Referee
Shame that Griffin didn't have to make a tough choice. I think Wallace at hooker and Segs on the bench should have happened anyway. But no way does a coach make a tough decision when he has any easy solution.

I hope Te Maire Martin atleast gets a full preseason.

Frankus

Juniors
He was devastated in the sheds...looked like the poor kid was crying.

The only positive I see in this is that a fracture is less horrible than a dislocation, severe labral tear or torn rotor. (I stand corrected)

That is a rare type of shoulder injury and is very bad. It is a fracture of the shoulder socket itself. Usually requires shoulder cut open, screws to hold bone back in place and a cast for a period to keep joint immobile. Afterwards require a lot of rehab.

Not unreasonable to think it might even affect his pre-season. It will take a while until he gets full strength back in his shoulder, and if anything needs to build his body up stronger anyway given his youth.

Really feel for the guy. Such terrible news.

Given how much advancement there has been in ACL treatment over the past 20 years, you'd rather have an ACL injury that TMM has suffered.
He will be back bigger and better next year.

Last edited:

TheStrategist

Juniors
It is disappointing.. hopefully he can make a comeback and get back into form.. not an easy injury to deal with.

Fibroman

First Grade
Lets get Steven Danks on the case with some peptide magic and get him back on the paddock in 3 weeks?

TheStrategist

Juniors
Awful news for such a talented player.

He will come back greater than he was I'm positive :)

But on a side note: The plan was to shift Moylan to 5/8 with DWZ to his pref position of Fullback this year however it hasn't happened and I think with this happening we need to make that move now so Moylan can gain exp at 5/8 to somewhat lead TMM with his halfback role next year, thats two young great exciting halves we have secured long term... all if Griffin or Gus makes the move.. but it won't happen unless we are vocal tobthe right people

ACTPanthers

Bench
He will come back greater than he was I'm positive :)

But on a side note: The plan was to shift Moylan to 5/8 with DWZ to his pref position of Fullback this year however it hasn't happened and I think with this happening we need to make that move now so Moylan can gain exp at 5/8 to somewhat lead TMM with his halfback role next year, thats two young great exciting halves we have secured long term... all if Griffin or Gus makes the move.. but it won't happen unless we are vocal tobthe right people

You're kidding yourself if you think they listen to fans mate

Latest posts