What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martin Taupau

hybrid_tiger

Coach
This guy is our best signing since Gareth Ellis.

His aggression and power is something we have sorely missed for years and years. It's very visible that the enthusiasm and fearlessness he shows is rubbing off to all of our other forwards. They are feeding off it and we are a much, much better team for it.

The impact he's had can't be understated, what a buy.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Thanks Canterbury, seriously can't believe they let him go. Easily good enough to start. Loved his aggression, love having a forward pack they never take a backward step.

Taupau is consistently awesome.
Gavet misses some big tackles. Like him with another 6 or 8 kg to be tackle busting machine.

ek999

First Grade
Thanks Canterbury, seriously can't believe they let him go. Easily good enough to start. Loved his aggression, love having a forward pack they never take a backward step.

Was stuck behind 5 or 6 front rowers with us unfortunately and also had a couple of injuries so he had to go elsewhere. Really happy to see him play as good as he is at the moment

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
What a monster. How good is our bench now.

Don't you all miss the likes of Flanagan or Fitzy on the bench ??

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I recall some Doggies fans saying they were sorry to see him go and that he would be a good buy for the Tigers. Who do we thank - Potter & Mayer?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I recall some Doggies fans saying they were sorry to see him go and that he would be a good buy for the Tigers. Who do we thank - Potter & Mayer?

Yah all the dogs fans agreed he was a first grader, just couldn't get a run. Don't understand how he couldn't get a run ahead of someone like finucane though who just seems bog ordinary

Radical Rat

Juniors
Was stuck behind 5 or 6 front rowers with us unfortunately and also had a couple of injuries so he had to go elsewhere. Really happy to see him play as good as he is at the moment

I would imagine in hindsight (behind closed doors) Dogs management would concede they made the wrong call. Who would he be behind now? Maybe Graham and that's about it. I wouldn't swap him now for any Dogs props.

ek999

First Grade
I would imagine in hindsight (behind closed doors) Dogs management would concede they made the wrong call. Who would he be behind now? Maybe Graham and that's about it. I wouldn't swap him now for any Dogs props.

I'm not losing any sleep over it and I would be surprised if any Dogs management are either. All of our forwards are performing at the moment and we still have Kasiano to come back.

Anyway this is the Tigers forum so I will shut up on the Dogs. Like I said before, I am really happy for him. This is how he played when he first debuted before he did his knee. If he can stay injury free he will push Woods and Galloway for a starting spot which will make your pack even better as it will keep them having to perform at their best. I really hope you can hold on to all your young guys (unless they go to the Dogs :D), 2 or 3 years you will be one of the top teams. Especially if Austin or Moses can become a long term 5/8

BrotherJim05

Bench
Tupau not only adds aggression, size and go-forward to our pack, but he just keeps shit gangster in general.
He was talking our pack up all pre-game and delivered!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Was enormous.
Was just after the push & shove following Nofoaluma's try, which would have fired the Manly fwds up a tad.
He threw it back at them and more so. Immense.

That moment was huge for me.

1) there's no way in the past one of our forwards would get in the face of opposition props

2) in years gone by after a scuffle like that I would usually expect us to make about 20m in the next set with a few sheepish hit ups and get belted by a fired up pack. Taupau tucked it under the arm and made a bee line for king.

I fcking loved it.

Latest posts