What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary safe. But Hornby and Young facing the axe

Qapm

Juniors
Kent has now hammered Siebold and Cleary as the self appointed coach basher of the NRL BUT he treads very warily when it comes to the biggest controversy in the league - Paul McGregor.
Maybe he's next on Kent's hit list.

On the positive side Paul McGregor in this disaster of a 2019 season serves as a litmus test for integrity in media reporting.

getsmarty

Immortal
The problem with Mary is that no matter what happens during the season.
No matter how dreadful we are playing.
He always has a raft of excuses at the ready.
These days he makes excuses and then says " but we can't use that as an excuse"
One of the worst excuses is the JDB debacle.
One player does not explain this season away nor does it exonerate McGregor of his negligence.
The problem for McGregor now is that the excuse well has dried up and he is glaringly exposed to all concerned.
Bottom line is that his technical knowledge is poor and always has been.
Kent has now hammered Siebold and Cleary as the self appointed coach basher of the NRL BUT he treads very warily when it comes to the biggest controversy in the league - Paul McGregor.
Maybe he's next on Kent's hit list.

Exactly..Dennis...and the Board facilitate this....Barrett...will be the next person thrown under the bus....

Club is an absolute joke...........VOTE WITH YOUR FEET AND WALLETS.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
McGregor really makes what Browny did at Saints so incredible when it comes to injuries. He had a season when Gasnier was out all season after being injured with a torn pec in pre-season. Same with Bailey ( i think he had 2 seasons like that) plus he hardly had Ryles and Bailey play together either one would be injured or suspended. Barrett was with a new half every week, we lost quality players to other clubs yet Browny still had a way of making them play well. He gave all these youngsters a chance and that is easily how he did it. He never went and brought in some reserve from another side and put them ahead of the up and coming youngsters. If Browny had Latimore, I guarantee he would not have put him ahead of Timm, Kerr etc. Mary has proven that he has nothing and if losing one player for the season can make you perform from a top 4 to a bottom 4, then there is not better proof than that. Browny would have dropped Lafa/Aitken ages ago and Garrick and Lomax would be playing their 2nd full season. Sailor would also be in the mix this season during Origin period. I would love nothing better than to get Browny back because as Bennett said, he had liked what he saw under the bonnet when he got Saints and credit was to Browny.

BLM01

First Grade
McGregor really makes what Browny did at Saints so incredible when it comes to injuries. He had a season when Gasnier was out all season after being injured with a torn pec in pre-season. Same with Bailey ( i think he had 2 seasons like that) plus he hardly had Ryles and Bailey play together either one would be injured or suspended. Barrett was with a new half every week, we lost quality players to other clubs yet Browny still had a way of making them play well. He gave all these youngsters a chance and that is easily how he did it. He never went and brought in some reserve from another side and put them ahead of the up and coming youngsters. If Browny had Latimore, I guarantee he would not have put him ahead of Timm, Kerr etc. Mary has proven that he has nothing and if losing one player for the season can make you perform from a top 4 to a bottom 4, then there is not better proof than that. Browny would have dropped Lafa/Aitken ages ago and Garrick and Lomax would be playing their 2nd full season. Sailor would also be in the mix this season during Origin period. I would love nothing better than to get Browny back because as Bennett said, he had liked what he saw under the bonnet when he got Saints and credit was to Browny.
Not so sure about Browny. He has a great squad up there with 3 players on or worth 1 mill. 1/3 of his cap will be gone right there especially if Ponga gets 1.5 odd?
He too maybe just a mediocre coach but appears to the massess better than Mary and at least rightly or wrongly he tells it as it is and sometimes that includes throwing some player names out there who have not performed.
But I am not sold he will ever be good enough to take a side consistently to Top 8, let alone win a premiership

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I wish we could edit this thread title.
lt makes me very uncomfortable everytime l see, 'Mary Safe.'

The board needs to know that we will not accept that Mary is safe.
We want him gone,now!

Possible renames may include ..........

Mary NOT safe & Hornby and Young facing the axe

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I wish we could edit this thread title.
lt makes me very uncomfortable everytime l see, 'Mary Safe.'

The board needs to know that we will not accept that Mary is safe.
We want him gone,now!

Possible renames may include ..........

Mary NOT safe & Hornby and Young facing the axe

I’d like the heading to say....

“Mary stood down...replaced by Wayne Bennett immediately”

Heck...I wouldn’t mind seeing...

“Mary stood down...replaced by a blind man and his seeing eye dog immediately”

sco22

Juniors
Not so sure about Browny. He has a great squad up there with 3 players on or worth 1 mill. 1/3 of his cap will be gone right there especially if Ponga gets 1.5 odd?
He too maybe just a mediocre coach but appears to the massess better than Mary and at least rightly or wrongly he tells it as it is and sometimes that includes throwing some player names out there who have not performed.
But I am not sold he will ever be good enough to take a side consistently to Top 8, let alone win a premiership
Browny was to close to the players he had just finished playing with them it was never going to work

Jbjbjb40

Juniors
Sporting News reporting Ben Hornby has been told to gain more coaching experiences elsewhere. Champion player and captain. I wish him well

BLM01

First Grade
Sporting News reporting Ben Hornby has been told to gain more coaching experiences elsewhere. Champion player and captain. I wish him well
I'll rephrase that.
"Mary is not the person to provide the coaching experience you require to move forward so you are better off looking elsewhere"

TruSaint

Referee
The clean-out at the Dragons has begun with assistant coach Ben Hornby told he won't be required in 2020.

It's a disappointing yet career-defining move for Hornby, who has been with the Red-V since 2000 as a player and then junior representative coach.

The Dragons have told Hornby to beef-up his experience at another club - and the door will always remain open for a return.

Latest posts