What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary's excuse book

64 Dragon

Coach
Mary won't be sacked. The club, which is supposedly broke, would have to pay him out for the remainder of his 3 year contract. Then we would have to find a decent coach and pay him decent money.
I can't believe we signed Mary, an unproven coach, for 3 years. One year with an option in the club's favour maybe, but 3 years? It beggars belief.

BennyV

Referee
I don't think this is the case. Give it a year at least before making this suggestion.

Half a season last year suggests he was superior,
but superior isn't saying much alone.

Completely false. The issues we have seen in the last 2 weeks (even evident to an extent in the WCS, didnt watch the CS so cant comment) have been there since Mary took over:
- Clunky, mistimed attack
- Players running one out
- No support
- Poor player selections
- Defense hanging back and sliding poorly

This was clouded to the more positive supporters due to the euphoria of losing Price and the fact that the players had a small spoke in enthusiasm following the sacking of a shit coach. But no, Mary has in no way shown he is superior to Price; in fact, he has shown he is on par AT BEST.

f**k this 'give him a year' bullshit. We gave Price far too long and every year we keep Mary is a year wasted. Its plain to see for all those who open their eyes that he is a dud.

possm

Coach
There are some astute members on this forum who have already come to the conclusion that Mary is not up to the task. So why waste our time and wait till the end of the year? We waited two and half years with Price. Enough is enough! I say sack Mary today and ask Brown to take over for the rest of the year. Let him pick his own staff and sort out the mess.

64 Dragon

Coach
There are some astute members on this forum who have already come to the conclusion that Mary is not up to the task. So why waste our time and wait till the end of the year? We waited two and half years with Price. Enough is enough! I say sack Mary today and ask Brown to take over for the rest of the year. Let him pick his own staff and sort out the mess.

See post number 41.

In all seriousness, you really can't completely blame the Coach. The recruitment and retention strategy of the club has been a rabble for much longer than Mary has had any say.

Sure expect better and more pride, but the problems run much deeper than Mary's ability to Coach

bottle

Coach
In all seriousness, you really can't completely blame the Coach. The recruitment and retention strategy of the club has been a rabble for much longer than Mary has had any say.

Sure expect better and more pride, but the problems run much deeper than Mary's ability to Coach

Most would acknowledge that absolutely. But did you see what happened last night Miller? It was painful. Even a poor side should be able to execute better than some of the stuff we provided last night. It was seriously worrying.

St Georgio

Juniors
I wanted Browny from day....................

possm

Coach
My view is as follows:

Yes it will cost money to sack Mary however, it will cost a lot more money to keep him on. The Dragons will find a way to fund this from outside the current budget; in the same way they found money to hire Bennett and to make a huge offer to Bellamy. In any case, Mary would be on small coin as he just does not command the type of money as a rookie coach.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
It's very rare these days on here. Someone with some common sense!
Well said Southslavia. Still if it gives no-name keyboard heroes a little tingle in their pants with each post, who am I to stifle their single momentry ounce of pleasure in their otherwise sad pathetic existence.

Mary's doing what he can with the cattle he was given. Want to blame someone blame the board. That's where the problem lies.

stop wanking him off.

St Georgio

Juniors
My view is as follows:

Yes it will cost money to sack Mary however, it will cost a lot more money to keep him on. The Dragons will find a way to fund this from outside the current budget; in the same way they found money to hire Bennett and to make a huge offer to Bellamy. In any case, Mary would be on small coin as he just does not command the type of money as a rookie coach.

Okay f**k it..Start the thread Possm.
BRING BACK BROWN or SOS BROWNY

Most would acknowledge that absolutely. But did you see what happened last night Miller? It was painful. Even a poor side should be able to execute better than some of the stuff we provided last night. It was seriously worrying.

Fair enough, I didn't see it as no access to TV where I was last night.

I guess I am commenting more from my clubs ridiculous past (and present). Teams often show no passion or determination when the club is being run like a shambles. N matter how hard the coach tries.

Look at Johnny Lang. Team didn't perform to what he would have expected. Left, was good at both Panthers and Souths.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Fair enough, I didn't see it as no access to TV where I was last night.

I guess I am commenting more from my clubs ridiculous past (and present). Teams often show no passion or determination when the club is being run like a shambles. N matter how hard the coach tries.

Look at Johnny Lang. Team didn't perform to what he would have expected. Left, was good at both Panthers and Souths.

was GOOD at Penriff????

jenninga

First Grade
I don't think this is the case. Give it a year at least before making this suggestion.

Half a season last year suggests he was superior, but superior isn't saying much alone.

Again,Took over 11th spot,finished 11th spot.:crazy:

giboz71

First Grade

100% mate...I said that in another thread.

Sure we can blame Price and Mary till the cows come home but its still no excuse to dish out the rubbish we have seen the past 2 weeks. We have world class players who for some reason have forgotten how to play footy.

Can't put my finger on why...but putting on a dragons jersey is like kryptonite to our players...they lose all their power.

Just look at the likes of Soward, Scott and now Bmoz all tearing it up since they have left the stench of our fading club???

St Georgio

Juniors

Sure we can blame Price and Mary till the cows come home but its still no excuse to dish out the rubbish we have seen the past 2 weeks. We have world class players who for some reason have forgotten how to play footy.

Can't put my finger on why...but putting on a dragons jersey is like kryptonite to our players...they lose all their power.

Just look at the likes of Soward, Scott and now Bmoz all tearing it up since they have left the stench of our fading club???

Maybe someone should take a trip to the blowhole kiama and make a trance wish to rid of the demons surrounding our team!

RedVee

First Grade

Be fair, BMoz was great for us last year; Beau played great for us; Soward played great for us until Price decided to show him who's boss.

Gomarchin

Juniors
It's the coach. Period. The end.

He has absolutely no idea and should never have left his position as the Cutters coach.

He backstabbed Price (who had to go), but was NEVER EVER the answer. But how about Doust and the board who offered him 3 years. WTF is that all about?

blacksafake

First Grade
It's the coach. Period. The end.

He has absolutely no idea and should never have left his position as the Cutters coach.

He backstabbed Price (who had to go), but was NEVER EVER the answer. But how about Doust and the board who offered him 3 years. WTF is that all about?
Nothing else needs to be said.;-)