What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mascord on the culture problem for NSW

adamkungl

Immortal
Mascord's opinions on Origin are irrelevant, he's admitted numerous times to disliking it.

And his attack on Sydney is laughable. Total bumpkin comment.

He's right about QLD fans sticking together I suppose. Cousin f**king weirdos.

Vee

First Grade
Mascord's opinions on Origin are irrelevant, he's admitted numerous times to disliking it.

And his attack on Sydney is laughable. Total bumpkin comment.

He's right about QLD fans sticking together I suppose. Cousin f**king weirdos.
The butthurt is strong in this one.

If only they'd actually pick our best instead of their mates.
By implication, your reply reinforces what I have been saying, that NSW's troubles go way beyond the team who take to the park.

There might be a chance of getting a better team onto the park but you aren't going to budge the problem-causers higher up. They will hang on for years due to the fact that all of their incompetence is overlooked while the players get kicked for their part.

isaiah

Bench
From http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...-in-nrl-refereeing-ranks-20170722-gxgr0k.html

...the cultural differences between life in NSW and Queensland are infinitesimal but what differences remain are fascinatingly and repeatedly exposed by Origin. Let's get this straight: Sydney is not a town where everyone sticks together to cheerily defeat a common enemy. Sydney is a town where if you are successful people will try to steal credit and tear you down and where if you fail you immediately attempt to blame someone else before the mob ruins you.

It's an individualistic, facile convict settlement which became a seething cesspit of aggressive individuality and one-upmanship. If you want a "culture" for the Blues that reflects where they're from, then what has happened in the last 12 days is actually 100 per cent perfect. Trying to synthesise a maroon chip on the shoulder is just stupid. How about NSW appoints a coaching team that has no values or culture at all, just rules – that just wants to win and can get it done. A coaching appointment that would truly reflect Sydney values would be to offer Kevin Walters twice as much to jump ship.

A fairly accurate assessment I would say. The selection of Hunt instead of DCE for Game 3 was as big a controversy as I can remember for Qlders but eventually they shrugged their shoulders and got on board. I can't imagine NSW media and supporters doing the same in similar circumstances.

Not sure what NSW can do about it.
I'd rather be thought of as a banjo playing hillbilly ( so far from the truth) than being from a ' individualistic facile convict settlement.' it is close to the truth if you have met some of the Sydney league fans and players I have met.

Latest posts