What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason's run

Cammo

Bench
Damn, I was so hoping he could get the try, it would have been one of the best ever.

I could not believe how easily he stood up Slater and pretty much ran around him.

Love him or hate him, you gotta agree that he had a great series and that run he put in deserved a try.

xwizit

Juniors
yeah i didnt used to think much of mason but hes showed enormous passion thruout the series. :clap:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
lol, i jus cracked up laughing, when he thought he would go round slater, then i laughed even more when he actually did it. Deserved a try, but on that occassion, it was definately a lost ball.

:lol: :lol: jus remembering it :lol: :lol:

andrew flap

Bench
a great run. One of the best attacks this season. Standing up Billy Slater was an awesome effort. He deserved a try but...........

Azkatro

First Grade
Price's run last year was better and deserved a try at the end of it more. Still was a good effort though.

Willie Mason over the last 5 weeks has proved just what a talent he is in our game. Hopefully for him he is able to get his act together and put all his past misdemeanours behind him. I recall Mark Geyer saying on the Footy Show "Get rid of Mason and everything will be kosher I guarantee you it" whether you like or dislike Gus he showed tremendous loyalty to Mason and in return Mason had a great Origin and he took that form back to Canterbury. It's good to read a story about Willie where it is about how good his footy is rather than how bad his behaviour is.

rabs

Staff member
Ever since Masons disorder was publicised his game has improved out of sight. It's obviously a weight off his shoulders, and he's gone from in my opinion the most overrated player in the game to be worthy of his origin spot.

Mason has responded to some pretty awful press the best way possible. I am glad he has done it this way cause he had two choices, and he took the right one.

The other choice was to fall into more of a downward spiral...thankfully he didn't...

Zoidberg

First Grade
He didn't stand up Billy Slater, Slater did the smart thing and got Mason in position for a side on tackle, he had no chance of a front on tackle so he let him runaround him so he could get the legs. Slater could have made no better decision. :clap:

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
It was a brilliant run from Mason in rep games he gets really pumped up and he played well all series. He basically ran around Slater and it was a shame that he dropped it over the line he deserved a try.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Great run but he can't score against Billy Slater!!!

That is an absolute joke!!

By the way I have been extremely impressed by Mason on the way he has concentrated on his football. Incidents aside, this bloke COULD be the best forward in the game.

Great series Willie.

NPK

Bench
True. He has such a natural advantage - his size. The way he drags 3 or 4 defenders with him during hit-ups is amazing.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
the_knights_rule said:
i never knew he could run that fast!

He had alot of determination to get over the line.
I wonder how long the crowd is going to boo Mason everytime he touches the ball? It's a bit over don't you think?

thuganomics

Coach
Why didn't he just run over Billy, Billy would of Run away from him if he was running stright at him at full speed.