What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass Effect 2

Munky

Coach
IGN has given ME 2 9.6

Looks like the level of improvement is similar to that between Assassins Creed 1 and 2.

Mass Effect 1 is my favourite game of the current generation.

If ME 2 has indeed fixed all the technical issues IMO it will be my favourite game until ME 3 is released.

simostorm

Bench
yea.. im a fan of the first game.. prob the best game ive played yet..
and the 2nd looks even better..
It's released this thursday right?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Haven't been this excited for a game since GTA IV. It's the reason I bought another 360.

Going to be amazing, played through ME1 again this month to make my character for ME2. Level 60 Adept(Bastion), played as a Paragon. Thursday can't come quick enough.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
IGN has given ME 2 9.6

Looks like the level of improvement is similar to that between Assassins Creed 1 and 2.

Mass Effect 1 is my favourite game of the current generation.

If ME 2 has indeed fixed all the technical issues IMO it will be my favourite game until ME 3 is released.

I've got it now... Friends works for EB Games and gave me an early copy... My current save game is 11 hours into the game, and I'd say the improvement is more than AC2. The combat is greatly improved, the graphics are noticeably improved, and the pacing of the story is much faster. It's bloody hard to put down the controller. It'll be a game I play through 3 or 4 times without question

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Haven't been this excited for a game since GTA IV. It's the reason I bought another 360.

Going to be amazing, played through ME1 again this month to make my character for ME2. Level 60 Adept(Bastion), played as a Paragon. Thursday can't come quick enough.

Your level counts for nothing in ME2. From what I've played, your previous character only seems to influence the story for the first hour or so with questions about your past.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Your level counts for nothing in ME2. From what I've played, your previous character only seems to influence the story for the first hour or so with questions about your past.

BioWare said you will get an in game bonus depending on your level from ME1 ie. Level 60 gets a better bonus than a level 45. Only going on that.

Edit: Here's the quote I read -
CaseyH-ME2: For Guest-15 - We have a similar power progression system as ME1, but the powers are significantly upgraded to make each class really powerful and more unique in combat. That means that there is no direct conversion from ME1, but we did want to make sure your hard work in developing your ME1 character is rewarded. So, you'll get more points to apply to your starting character if you were a level 40, 50, or 60 character.

CaseyH-ME2: And, you'll get a starting bonus to your paragon / renegade status based on where you were at in ME1

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dd78xshh_82cx7t67db

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
BioWare said you will get an in game bonus depending on your level from ME1 ie. Level 60 gets a better bonus than a level 45. Only going on that.

Edit: Here's the quote I read -

I was talking more in terms of story. It may give you more points but after an hour or two of playing it really becomes negligible. I had a level 65 renegade adept in ME1, my renegade bar was only slightly shifted, what you'd expect from 3 or 4 renegade actions.

Finished the game though, ending didn't quite have the same impact as the first. But a great game throughout

tokerShark

Juniors
fans of the first game will not be disapointed, this game is awesome, played 6 hours straight when i picked it up yesterday, would of played longer but had to pick my niece up from school.

Carnifex

Juniors
havent played the first yet but saw a special on this on X-play and it looks awesome. went to JB and game but neither had it today? when is it released.

simostorm

Bench
Picked it up thursday.. only had a chance to get about 3 hours of it in so far..
but has blown me away.. amazing game..
Gunna slog a few hours out this arvo :)

Munky

Coach
I haven't played a game like this since Ocarina of Time.

Ie the sort of game that you just can't put down.

The way they have integrated your decisions from ME1 into ME 2 is seamless.

It bums me out knowing I have to go to work tomorrow rather than play ME2.

Even though I'm only 12 hours in I'm willing to say that this is the best game I've ever played.

Eelectrica

Referee
For me I actually think the first was better. I like the way they've carried the events of the first over, but the over simplification of everything is a little frustrating.

They've done some good things, but seem to dropped same of what made the first one great.

adamkungl

Immortal
The first one had a couple of issues...the sidequests were repetitive, a lot of research bases and mines were exact copies of each other...and the loot and weapons and upgrades could have used some streamlining (not necessarily simplification, just better organisation and user interface).

From what I've heard of 2 it does away with lot of this. I still haven't got the chance to play it. I hope 3 offers the accesibility of 2 with the depth of 1.

Latest posts