What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive injuries for Cowboys?

Basil Brush

Juniors
Fox sports news live reporting Scott possibly done his ACL.

Coote possibly torn his calf.

Gee that could massively hurt Cowboys.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
Would be big blows if true, however...

1. Kayln Ponga
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O'neill
4. Kane Linnett
5. Antonio Winterstein / Javid Bowen
6. Michael Morgan
7. Jonathan Thurston
8. Scott Bolton
9. Jake Granville
10. Jason Taumalolo
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Ethan Lowe
13. Coen Hess

14. Ben Hampton
15. John Asiata
16. Patrick Kaufuni
17. Sam Hoare

still looks pretty potent.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Would be big blows if true, however...

1. Kayln Ponga
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O'neill
4. Kane Linnett
5. Antonio Winterstein / Javid Bowen
6. Michael Morgan
7. Jonathan Thurston
8. Scott Bolton
9. Jake Granville
10. Jason Taumalolo
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Ethan Lowe
13. Coen Hess

14. Ben Hampton
15. John Asiata
16. Patrick Kaufuni
17. Sam Hoare

still looks pretty potent.
Winterstein broken wrist and Taumalolo with a possible suspension?

Charlie124

First Grade
Would have preferred to lose personally.
Are you concussed?

Coote and Winters can be covered comfortably with Ponga and Bowen. Scott would be a huge blow but I'm confident in the players we've got. Might give a few of them a nice taste of FG

Basil Brush

Juniors
Are you concussed?

Coote and Winters can be covered comfortably with Ponga and Bowen. Scott would be a huge blow but I'm confident in the players we've got. Might give a few of them a nice taste of FG
To be fair, I would probably have taken the loss of 2 points over the severe injuries (plus possible suspension).

However, injuries do happen and a win is a win.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You have to wonder where this leaves Scott. He's approaching 32, an ACL will probably put him out for most if not all of the season and that type of injury can't be easy for a big prop his age to overcome. It's gonna be interesting to see if he comes back at all, and how he performs when he does after being out for a long period

Shorty

Staff member
We need depth experience and eventually we need to start thinking about life without Thurston and Scott etc.
It's not ideal but I'm not worried just yet.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Are you concussed?

Really?

Long term, Matt Scott is infinitely more important than two competition points in round 2.

You lost your first three rounds in 2015 but had a full bill of health come finals time.

I know which is more important having seen our 2015 season go up in smoke when JWH tore his ACL.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's always been my belief that invariably there are 2 or 3 really good Premiership chances come seasons end in the big knockout games; and more often than not the one with the healthiest roster wins the title.

This is a brutal blow and I can't see the Cowboys winning the Premiership now.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Are you concussed?

No contest - your best prop out for the season or an away loss against a non-finals contender?