What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matador BBQs One-Day Cup, 2014/15

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think Sandhu is around the 130 km mark. When I saw him last year I was impressed but he needs a yard or two of extra pace to make the next step. Can't see where he will get it from.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Neville again playing a solid knock, Blues looking good so far.

1 for 74 of 16.

Agreed AG, Sandhu looks pretty handy but he will need another yard or two to get to the next level.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Cummins most expensive blues bowler, then again was reading it is his first game for the blues since the champions t20 trophy in 2011. He was 18 back then, now 21

1/85 18 overs

Blues have it all over qld in their own backyard, ab oval, gabba doesn't matter

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon George could get a call up to the Aust ODI side this summer if needed, always rated him as a shield bowler too, the move to QLD can only benefit him

Blues cruising to victory here
30 from 24 - 6 wickets left

TheParraboy

Staff member
3 from 3 for the blues

During the coverage Rhino said he is starting to bowl in the nets, and maybe in the next week or two or three (his words) will start playing again

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Rug is a well deserved MOTM.

QLD lost the game letting that Plodder Hartley waste 100 balls for just 50 runs on a good batting deck.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Sandhu is around the 130 km mark. When I saw him last year I was impressed but he needs a yard or two of extra pace to make the next step. Can't see where he will get it from.

I wold start with his approach, he just plods in so it all starts from there.

A bit more urgency in his approach and everything will speed up from there as long as he doesn't lose control but he looks like he an bowl a bit quicker than he does

he's built for fast bowling

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Rug is a well deserved MOTM.

QLD lost the game letting that Plodder Hartley waste 100 balls for just 50 runs on a good batting deck.

best Blues attack I've seen for a while

The Rug
Haze
Sandhu
Cummins

add SOK to that 4 and we have a very good 4 day attack

I dont think Abbott wold even get a run if that attack was fit and available

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Abbott is not in the top 5 quicks for NSW but somehow he is getting a gig for Australia :crazy:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tassie are 6 for 12 :lol:

The bowling has been very good but it just shows how batsman these days are totally incapable of grinding it out when the ball is doing a bit.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Been watching it. What bad batting. This no 9 Kingston batting now is digging in more than the top order.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good to see Patterson for the Blues getting them over the line last night. Was a mature in innings.

Also Carters is having a very good season.