What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 1 vs Gold Coast @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Finals Week 1: Sydney v Gold Coast

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Finals Week 1
Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast Titans
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, South Townsville (TICKETS)
Saturday 11 September 2021

NRL kickoff 5:40pm

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Adam Keighran 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Lachlan Lam 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Sam Walker 15. Isaac Liu 16. Egan Butcher 17. Fletcher Baker 18. Dale Copley 19. Ben Thomas 20. Ben Marschke 21. Naufahu Whyte

GOLDCOAST-2021.png

1. Jayden Campbell 2. Phillip Sami 3. Brian Kelly 4. Patrick Herbert 5. Corey Thompson 6. Tyrone Peachey 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Mitch Rein 10. Moeaki Fotuaika 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Beau Fermor 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Interchange: 14. Erin Clark 15. Sam Lisone 16. David Fifita 17. Jaimin Jolliffe 18. Sam McIntyre 19. Toby Sexton 20. Greg Marzhew 21. Anthony Don

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy​

Last edited:
Following excerpt is from - https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2021/09/07/line-up-for-finals-week-one-vs-titans-announced/

Two Roosters fan favourites will reach milestones this weekend when Tongan International, State of Origin representative and three-time Premiership winner Daniel Tupou becomes the twelfth Rooster to reach the 200-game mark for the Club. Tupou also currently sits in third place in the Club's all-time tryscoring list with 116 tries, sitting only behind Shaun Kenny-Dowall (121) and Anthony Minichiello (139).

Fellow Tongan representative and Premiership winning teammate Siosiua Taukeiaho will also celebrate his 150th appearance in the Red, White and Blue this weekend since debuting with the Club in 2015.

With Sam Walker starting from the bench, do we think this will be Robbo’s tactic from here until the end of our season? Think it’s a smart move personally. The kid’s been getting targeted so bring him on when a bit of fatigue starts settling in.

Valheru

Coach
With Sam Walker starting from the bench, do we think this will be Robbo’s tactic from here until the end of our season? Think it’s a smart move personally. The kid’s been getting targeted so bring him on when a bit of fatigue starts settling in.

Definitely and it could be a role that continues next year IMO. Keary/hutch might offer the better combo next season with that big body in the middle. The kid is still a teen and another year on the bench won't hurt.

As an aside, good looking team this week. Add keary Collins and manu to that and we compete with the top teams IMO let alone the 3 retired players, sualli, Smith and Butcher.

Definitely and it could be a role that continues next year IMO. Keary/hutch might offer the better combo next season with that big body in the middle. The kid is still a teen and another year on the bench won't hurt.

As an aside, good looking team this week. Add keary Collins and manu to that and we compete with the top teams IMO let alone the 3 retired players, sualli, Smith and Butcher.
Was wondering myself if this strategy would continue into next season. I expect a bench rotation between Verrills and Watson as well like it was with Friendy before his last HIA

I think Walker being on the bench has more to do with his shoulder problems. Apparently they are still not 100%.

Headless Chook

Juniors
I'm more than OK with him starting on the bench for this game. It's a good move. If we progress to week two Robbo might have different plan given we will play either Melbourne or Manly who know how to rack up a score quickly out of the blocks. I think Walker is the better option if we want early creativity and points. Wait and see I guess.

I think Walker being on the bench has more to do with his shoulder problems. Apparently they are still not 100%.
No doubt about it, Captain but those type of injuries are going to be an occurring theme. I think Robbo will game-manage him until his body matures to the riggers of NRL.

It is finally game day ladies and gentlemen. It is time to get into the mood and be ready to rumble in the tropical north. Fire up you mighty Roosters, fire up, and let's show these showmen from the glitter strip what finals footy intensity is all about. I think we can win by 12 to 14.

What a tentative and unconvincing performance that was!

Unfortunately, knowing what I do now, last week's performance was a sign of things to come. We hit the wall in the end. I am proud of our team, despite the challenges we faced. Walker is going to be great, fantastic in fact, and will play a major role in our future as a team.