What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: R13 vs Parramatta @ McDonald Jones - Old Boys Day

Who will win? Round 13: Newcastle v Parramatta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yosh

Coach
I know I am a super glass half full kinda guy but I firmly believe that luck evens out. We have had the wrong rub of the green for a while in terms of injuries and it will end sooner than later.

Let's get all our troops back on the park. We look much better on defense since Seibold took over and AOB will only improves as a coach in the coming months. Add the two biggest young talents to come out of the UK and we have a strong squad.

We saw glimpses of what Clifford brings to our side as well on the weekend.

1. Hodgson
2. Hunt
3. Young
4. Best
5. To'a
6. Ponga
7. Clifford
8. DSaf
9. Brailey
10. Klemmer
11. Jones
12. Frizell
13. Barnett

14. Watson
15. JSaf
16. Sue
17. Johns

That's just from the players we have on the books. If we get Lodge and a strike back rower, that's a good squad.

In reserve we would have Mann, Musgrove, Pearce, King and a bunch of others who can do a job when asked.

Not saying the club is perfect and no changes are required but I think we are closer to a top 4 club than our current predicament shows.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I know I am a super glass half full kinda guy but I firmly believe that luck evens out. We have had the wrong rub of the green for a while in terms of injuries and it will end sooner than later.

Let's get all our troops back on the park. We look much better on defense since Seibold took over and AOB will only improves as a coach in the coming months. Add the two biggest young talents to come out of the UK and we have a strong squad.

We saw glimpses of what Clifford brings to our side as well on the weekend.

1. Hodgson
2. Hunt
3. Young
4. Best
5. To'a
6. Ponga
7. Clifford
8. DSaf
9. Brailey
10. Klemmer
11. Jones
12. Frizell
13. Barnett

14. Watson
15. JSaf
16. Sue
17. Johns

That's just from the players we have on the books. If we get Lodge and a strike back rower, that's a good squad.

In reserve we would have Mann, Musgrove, Pearce, King and a bunch of others who can do a job when asked.

Not saying the club is perfect and no changes are required but I think we are closer to a top 4 club than our current predicament
A good young side. Would not mind us signing a genuine finisher though.

Yosh

Coach
Just an example side I thought of on the spot.

I think To'a is turning into a real block buster winger. He is stronger than he looks and with some more confidence I think he will back himself more and prove a great weapon for us. Defense is horrendous though.

perverse

Referee
Honestly it's just going to be a privilege to see Pearce and Ponga take the field at the same time. Another kicking game in Clifford is gravy. Having those guys back should give the team some belief, and hopefully effort areas improve on the back of that. Comparing that to our current rabble spine is night and day.

Ideally I'd love to look back on this season as a lost opportunity (as sad as that sounds, I think that's our best case scenario). It would mean we've finished the season strongly.

Unfortunately this coming week is a write off.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Honestly it's just going to be a privilege to see Pearce and Ponga take the field at the same time. Another kicking game in Clifford is gravy. Having those guys back should give the team some belief, and hopefully effort areas improve on the back of that. Comparing that to our current rabble spine is night and day.

Ideally I'd love to look back on this season as a lost opportunity (as sad as that sounds, I think that's our best case scenario). It would mean we've finished the season strongly.

Unfortunately this coming week is a write off.
At full strength We’ll probably go undefeated and come up short by a game or F and A. Classic Newcastle torment. The only thing going for us is the bottom 8 are as bad as each other.

slotmachine

First Grade
Bottom 11
I still think that from the warriors game we can start winning again and there are so many bad teams you never know.

Jono078

Referee
Lot of pressure on that Warriors game - said it previously that it seems like everyone is viewing that as the reset button. We lose that and that will be the end of the season.

Jono078

Referee
I reckon it's close to over now. Lose against Souths and no hope.
Definitely not. I did a ladder predictor and we finished 6th in that, even though I notched this weekend as a loss.

I did have us winning our last 5 straight though, was very optimistic.

I just meant they all appear to be targeting the Warriors game as the game we restart our season and start a solid run because we'll finally have some big guns back.

I'll call it now, so feel free to save this post.. We'll get a few games out of Ponga and Pearce playing together before one of them does something and is out for the season - it's just the way of the Knights for that to happen.

did have us winning our last 5 straight though, was very optimistic.
Very optimistic.
There was a year we won like 8 in a row, made the finals and bowed out first week though.
If we are in form I reckon the best we can do is WWL.
Even with players back it would take a hell of a lot for them to combine.

I'll call it now, so feel free to save this post.. We'll get a few games out of Ponga and Pearce playing together before one of them does something and is out for the season - it's just the way of the Knights for that to happen.
I'm expecting to hear that Ponga will need surgery at the end of the season. If not sooner.