What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Dragons @ WIN Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Dragons v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 1
St George Illawarra Dragons v Wests Tigers
WIN Stadium, Wollongong (TICKETS)
Sunday 15 March 2020

Gates 3:30pm • Canterbury Cup 3:45pm • NRL kickoff 6:15pm

TL-SGI20.png

1. Zac Lomax 2. Jordan Pereira 3. Brayden Wiliame 4. Tim Lafai 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Corey Norman 7. Ben Hunt 8. James Graham 9. Issac Luke 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Tariq Sims 13. Blake Lawrie
Interchange: 14. Trent Merrin 15. Tyrell Fuimaono 16. Billy Brittain 17. Jacob Host 18. Jackson Ford 19. Adam Clune 20. Euan Aitken 21. Josh Kerr

TL-WST20.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Adam Doueihi 5. Robert Jennings 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Billy Walters 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Thomas Mikaele 15. Josh Reynolds 16. Zane Musgrove 17. Chris Lawrence 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Oliver Clark 20. Matt Eisenhuth 21. Paul Momirovski

67B5T0I.jpg

Referees: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referees: To be advised

Lower Grades
Dragons v Western Suburbs @ WIN
NSWRL Canterbury Cup, Sun 3:45pm
Dragons v Wests Tigers @ Ziems Park
NSWRL U20 Jersey Flegg Cup, Sun 1pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

The unknown

Juniors
Round 1 games are always a lottery, but I’ll be bias and tip us by 6

Jeez it’s been a long time since we’ve played at win, can’t wait to go there it’s a nice little stadium

WA Tiger

Bench
To be 6 down against the warriors and just pull away like we did with minimal fuss and nowhere near our best eg Brooke’s ..I think anything’s possible this year ..We have to win this and preferably well ..

SBD82

Coach
I’m hoping for a win, because I can’t justify not supporting my team.

But if you blokes are going to beat us in this one, I hope you put a score on. The earlier we get rid of Mary the better.

I’m sure Benji would enjoy driving some nails into the coffin of Mary’s coaching career. An old school exhibition from him might do the trick.

Tigerm

First Grade
We should win however It’s the unpredictable opening round saints r prematurely getting hammered by media & fans & we r due to lose an opening Rd match.
But to have an undefeated season, we have to win this one as well:)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Saints will have had this game penciled since the 80th minute of round 26 last year. They aren’t a bad side who had a horror season on and off the field.

Their 1-5 is poor however they have 5 current origin players compared to our none, that and 6 months of burning over a shit season will make this a tough encounter.

gordynz

Juniors
They looked quite strong in the first half of the Charity Shield and I wouldn't be taking them too lightly. The team we trounced at the back end of last season isn't going to be the same team we come up against round 1.

Like Vic said, their 1-5 are their weakness, we have them covered there. Their forward pack is far more experienced than ours however our boys have shown promise and this will be a good test for them to see where they're at. I honestly think it comes down to how Brooks and Benji play up against Hunt and Norman... If Brooks and Benji are on, the likes of BJ, Luciano, Nofo could have a field day and we can put a score on them, however, if Hunt and Norman can match us I think it could go either way.

I think it'll be tight up until the 50min mark but we'll pull away slightly to win by 12. Scoring 6 unconverted tries to 2 lmao

BrotherJim05

Bench
This will all come down to our forwards. Dragons pack is miles more experienced than ours. If our boys can match it with them then I can see us out-defending them and our right side attack cracking them open.

This game is very important as it will give us an indication where our young pack is at