What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Sea Eagles @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 1: Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 1
Wests Tigers v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield (TICKETS)
Saturday 16 March 2019

Gates 3pm / Canterbury Cup 3:15pm / NRL 5:30pm

TL-WST19.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. Mahe Fonua 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Esan Marsters 5. Robert Jennings 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Ben Matulino 9. Robbie Farah 10. Alex Twal 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Luke Garner 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Russell Packer 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Josh Aloiai 17. Michael Chee-Kam 18. Josh Reynolds 19. Matt Eisenhuth 20. Jacob Liddle 21. Chris McQueen

TL-MAN19.png

1. Brendan Elliott 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Moses Suli 4. Brad Parker 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Kane Elgey 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Trent Hodkinson 15. Jack Gosiewski 16. Kelepi Tanginoa 17. Toafofoa Sipley 18. Tevita Funa 19. Cade Cust 20. Lloyd Perrett 21. Lachlan Croker

ogdZGg2.png

Referees: Adam Gee, Adam Cassidy
Sideline Officials: Liam Nicholls, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Henry Perenara, Beau Scott

Feeder club info
Wests Tigers' feeder clubs: Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Wests Tigers (NSWRL: U20 Jersey Flegg)
Balmain Tigers (NSWRL: U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Sea Eagles' feeder clubs: Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup)
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (NSWRL: U20 Jersey Flegg, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Draws available at leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​

Last edited by a moderator:

super_coach

First Grade
Round one is always a lottery and tend to be attack oriented. Even without Turbo I see Manly winning this through their attack, but as I said roundone games are a toss of the coin

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm predicting a very scrappy game with a lot of errors with ball in hand from our side. However, I reckon we will be able to keep our stonewall defense we showed at the start of 2018 and without T Brothers Manly won't be able to put on enough points.

Tigers by 8

super_coach

First Grade
I actually think Manly are a real final 8 chance, I think they could be the big improvers in 2019. So the round one clash has me a little worried, no Turbo will help but they still have a fair line up

Front-Rower

First Grade
We should be worried. There is a fair chance that half of our starting spine for round 1 will be the same as what it was in 2005 lol who else can claim that bar us

Vic Mackey

Referee
I actually think Manly are a real final 8 chance, I think they could be the big improvers in 2019. So the round one clash has me a little worried, no Turbo will help but they still have a fair line up

Manly remind me of Tigers teams of the past. They have some superstars mixed in with absolute trash, not much inbetween. Everynow and again they’ll beat a top side but most teams will exploit the trash enough to win. If we’re going to be a top 8 side we can’t miss these 2 points.

Tiger05

First Grade
We should be worried. There is a fair chance that half of our starting spine for round 1 will be the same as what it was in 2005 lol who else can claim that bar us

I liked this but the joke is on all of us. I'd be pleasantly surprised if there was no Robbie (I'll win the game for everyone) or Benji (let's give the fans in row z the ball) picked but I bet they will be.

Tiger05

First Grade
Manly remind me of Tigers teams of the past. They have some superstars mixed in with absolute trash, not much inbetween. Everynow and again they’ll beat a top side but most teams will exploit the trash enough to win. If we’re going to be a top 8 side we can’t miss these 2 points.

This is what Manly is. They have stars but they don't seem to have a solid team.

Put a pillow, blanket, and cup of cocoa on the manly try line and Moses suli will take the opportunity for a nap. We can run in a few tries there easy.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If only we could get some of this V Manly next Saturday.

I look at that and miss the attacking Tigers. Teddy, Simona etc, so much pace and style.

Then I watch a fat Dylan Walter casually brush off Moses, Lovett and Naquima on the way to a try most SG Ball sides would be embarrassed about conceding...

I’ll take today’s style on play thanks

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Just hope we can get back on track winning at LO , the placed is always packed but has been let down by some pretty pathetic efforts in recent times.

This is such a good point to make macnaz. In the late 60's my grand parents lived at Drummoyne and my dad would take me across to Leichhardt Oval and the place was packed, didn't matter who the Tigers were playing. I was pretty young and I remember my old man saying the Tigers were a 10 point better side there (I didn't really understand his point at the time) but now I think back and they really were. A couple of tries and a few goals from Keith Barnes were always in the bank.

Anyway, I digress, we need to make Leichhardt a place other teams hate coming to again. It has been embarrassing at time the effort in some games over the past few years. When the fans are screaming there is no better place, you feel part of the game there. The sooner we reclaim Leichhardt Oval as a certain two points the better the Wests Tigers will be....love my team.

stryker

First Grade
Leichhardt is almost an achillies heel for the club these days. Absolute opposite of a fortress. Id be more confident at a neutral ground in front of 5000 fans.
Having said that, Manly are more distracted than us. We'll start with a win.

I’ll take today’s style on play thanks
Yeah Vic, I agree.
I was just thinking back a couple of years of the good win at LO, v Manly and thought how good would it be to score some good tries like that.

But, totally different team I know.

As others have said we need to turn LO into our fortress where every other team hates going there, be it the start of the season when the place is packed on warm afternoon/nights or in the middle of winter with the chill coming off the water, it has to be our place of hell.

As does Leumeah

Latest posts