What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Newcastle @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Ponga nor playing, that should even it up a bit, as long as we turn up?

Just need another 6 NRL players to drop out and we’ll be competitive ...

nah kidding I think we’ll win. We have a habit of playing well when our backs are against the wall, and the knights only major attacking threat is out.

Tigerm

First Grade

nah kidding I think we’ll win. We have a habit of playing well when our backs are against the wall, and the knights only major attacking threat is out.
Yeah, it’s amazing what one player can do in a team, Ponga, Turbo, there teams are ordinary without there presence.

We need one?

BrisTiger

Juniors

Who is in and out shouldn't matter, we need to focus on our own game plan.

I swore I wouldn't go watch them in Brisbane this week based on last week (and the whole damn season), but couldn't help myself. Just hope the trip home is more enjoyable than the last few times I've seen them live.

Fordy20

Juniors
Our defensive issues come from a lack of communication, winger rushing in leaving an overlap, 2 defenders going for the same attacker leaving a hole etc. If we learn to talk when defending, we stop half of the tries that are scored against us. It's easier said than done when Ponga is chiming in at speed, but surely this is worked on at training?

Could be another reason why Doueihi is in the centres. At least you know the bloke talks

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I may be off my dial but I have a feeling we'll win. Somehow.

We tend to play okay at Suncorp. The Ponga omission is a huge reprieve as well.

BrisTiger

Juniors
I think we need a couple but yeah Tommy T would change our team as much as he changes manly's team.
Good lord, I thought you were referring to our own Tommy T at first, choked on my earl gray.

Yes, having a turbo would be awesome, if only we were able to have (aka keep) a decent fullback that could change a game. Let's hope Laurie decides to stick around.

Tiger05

First Grade
Good lord, I thought you were referring to our own Tommy T at first, choked on my earl gray.

Yes, having a turbo would be awesome, if only we were able to have (aka keep) a decent fullback that could change a game. Let's hope Laurie decides to stick around.

Mate - I wish our Tommy T was 1/2 as good.

stryker

First Grade
Our defensive issues come from a lack of communication, winger rushing in leaving an overlap, 2 defenders going for the same attacker leaving a hole etc. If we learn to talk when defending, we stop half of the tries that are scored against us. It's easier said than done when Ponga is chiming in at speed, but surely this is worked on at training?
Don’t you believe it

BrisTiger

Juniors
All week I've been angry about the crap that was delivered against the titans.

Then on game day I'm filled with hope again.

Curse you wretched tigers.

Pezz70

Juniors
Madden is no 14, Blore, Seyfarth, Mikaele. MCK no 18.

Ive got a feeling we will be hammered in this game

macnaz

Staff member
NRL is cracking down with version 76.1 on head contact. Watch us get a double sin bin tonight for a couple of fairy taps.

Pezz70

Juniors
Talk about having a power bench lol.
I swallowed my pride and went out and bought some wood today, started carving the spoon, though I’ll take my time with it, make a good spoon hang in the foyer of the Tigers Leagues Club

Pezz70

Juniors
At some point tonight we will see Brooks at Dummy half and Madden at half back. I reckon this might be why Douehi has been name in the centre’s. Would not surprise if he did something crazy like start Brooks and Douehi in the halves and Mbye at centre. Liddle will come off for a rest and the changes will take place. Thinking maybe Maguire sees value in having the experienced Mbye next to Madden for his debut