What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs North Qld @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v North Qld

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're getting absolutely raped by injuries and refereeing decision yet again. I don't want to whinge but what can you do?

That whole Maumalo situation was just a rort. Sure he laid down for the penalty but everyone does now. It was clear he gets hit in the head yet it's play on, and then he has to go for an HIA even though the contact was f**k all. Then the cows get a penalty because Feldt fell head first into Peachey's chest.

The error with the foot into touch off the kick off was absolute bullshit. It was touch and go, and if we were a top 8 team we would have been given a penalty.

As you said Pezz the Feldt try was off a clear forward pass.

Not to mention another mountain of injuries which will impact into next week with the short turn around.

Having said that some of our effort areas like our kick chase have been poor.

FFFFFFAAAAAAARRRRRRKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pezz70

Juniors
Hastings looks injures. Toa having an absolute shocker, positionally and absolutely catting it. He wanna be carrying any injury or he can piss off back to NSW cup

Phil Gould

Juniors
We are getting no lee way from the ref’s
The cows penalties were all crucial to them holding attacking field position. The tigers got a flood of stupid penalties that didn’t really help them much right at the end, after it was too late.

I think the cows were the better team on the day but not by much. They defended their line especially well and the Tigers didn’t complete enough sets through some silly mistakes. The team is also crippled. To’a had a shocker.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not much you can say. We were very brave but this injury toll is insane. Lost 3 more again today. No help from the refs. They haven’t cost us the last 2 weeks but we’re getting routinely fcked on 50/50 calls.

Junior Tupou was surprisingly good, he has the talent, my concern has always been his commitment but he was up for it. Pauga is garbage and shouldn’t be near NRL, I know he’s a back up for the back up but I’d rather throw Ogden or Sakuru in, at least they might be good one day.

Hopefully Nofa and Kepeoa back for the dogs but looks like Simpkin and Brooks out.

gordsy

Juniors
Two points on Hastings getting shit said re his family.
1) Good on him for saying something and I hope this f**k wit is banned for life.
2) I have read on various pages and platforms that people "gave" him up and dobbed him in.
That is bullshit.
What they did was get rid of some cretin that was no doubt spoiling the day for plenty of people who just want to go to the footy and have a good time.. That's not dobbing or being a dog, that's doing something decent.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Not much you can say. We were very brave but this injury toll is insane. Lost 3 more again today. No help from the refs. They haven’t cost us the last 2 weeks but we’re getting routinely fcked on 50/50 calls.

Junior Tupou was surprisingly good, he has the talent, my concern has always been his commitment but he was up for it. Pauga is garbage and shouldn’t be near NRL, I know he’s a back up for the back up but I’d rather throw Ogden or Sakuru in, at least they might be good one day.

Hopefully Nofa and Kepeoa back for the dogs but looks like Simpkin and Brooks out.
Or Brown

The Rosco

Bench
Is this the part where we have a whinge at the refs ?
Good.
Chad threw at least a metre forward for feldt's try.
I reckon that Cotter was clearly in front when he took the pass for his try that made Ennis swallow all of Vossy's 4"
And I reckon that Holmes didn't have both feet onside from the kick chase. Petty point, sure . . . but we'd get pinged for that.
I think we all need to go to church this Sunday boys. Coz we sure need some help with our injury toll.
Heck, it's nearly as bad as the Rooster's last year ( remember how much piety the media gave them ? ), but you don't hear about our injuries coz we ain't the roosters.

I didn't watch the game but reading the above points regarding the refs calls etc.

Perhaps Madge should have blasted the refs just like Payten did (he claimed smaller clubs do no receive the rub of the green from referees). Todd isn't complaining now as his team is no longer one of the 'smaller clubs', I think he meant one of the lower rated clubs.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I didn't watch the game but reading the above points regarding the refs calls etc.

Perhaps Madge should have blasted the refs just like Payten did (he claimed smaller clubs do no receive the rub of the green from referees). Todd isn't complaining now as his team is no longer one of the 'smaller clubs', I think he meant one of the lower rated clubs.
We should present at the after match press conference match instances of concern on video to the journalists and then during week show a greater comparison with other games instances. Don't let the ref's, annesley or the nrl off the hook. Show videos and build the video database as t h e season goes along.

Tigerm

First Grade

Agree, re: Junior Tupou, he could be worth persisting with.
As many have said re ref decisions, some appeared to be blatantly wrong, but no one (outside of here) made mention of it?
I am over Voss and Penis as commentators, they were so just biased towards the Cows, I had to turn the volume down.

Latest posts