What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs St Geo Illa @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v St Geo Illa

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MasterTiger

Juniors
Two great wins by the boys ….. congratulations to all players and coaching staff. IMO one the most impressive aspects of the young fullbacks game is his game awareness and positional play. For a guy so young and inexperienced it is amazing. Only natural footballers display these skills so early in their career.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m not watching the game again so I have to assume my memory is in tact here.. I know I keep going on about chip and chase kicks but I’ve just remembered there was another oneBulla did..a lot shorter than the one mentioned.. Chip and chases are the hardest things to do if you want to catch the ball on the full at any short distance but especially around 10 m ahead of where you kick the ball, or a little bit further. Even Benji never mastered it. The secret is to kick the ball higher than you’d normally kick it, to give yourself time to get under it..Most chip kicks land first coz the kicker is too scared to give it that extra height …. Bulla’s kick had that extra height. I can’t remember what happened with this kick but shit he’s going to create havoc with opposition teams , hopefully against south’s. He’s got a turn of speed too

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I’m not watching the game again so I have to assume my memory is in tact here.. I know I keep going on about chip and chase kicks but I’ve just remembered there was another oneBulla did..a lot shorter than the one mentioned.. Chip and chases are the hardest things to do if you want to catch the ball on the full at any short distance but especially say just a bit further than 10 m ahead of the kick. Even Benji never mastered it. The secret is to kick the ball higher than you’d normally kick it to give yourself time to get under it..Most chip kicks land first coz the kicker is too scared to give it that height …. Bulla’s kick had that extra height. I can’t remember what happened with this kick but shit he’s going to create havoc with opposition teams , hopefully against south’s. He’s got a turn of speed too
Yeah, he looks like he's going to be special.

WA Tiger

Bench
They pointed out on 360 that Tyrell sloanes long cut out pass to Suli in that last play was a big mistake coz it was 3 on 1 ..in fact it ended up 4 or 5 on 1 but that pass allowed the cover to get across in time …a good point.. if he’d just put it through the hands we would have been short and they would have definitely won..apparently there were a lot of dumb errors from them as bad as that throughout the game. That makes me wonder how good we really were to win…although hey we had to win it and we did.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Just saw that end play again and I hadn’t realised that Bula was also the one who made the tackle on Hunt initially.

So he tackled Hunt, disengaged to get over and be in front of Suli and then diengaged and tacked Rava in the corner. Pretty impressive
Without Bula we are 0 & 9.The kid has been stupendous.A lot of the self entitled snowflakes employed by the concord wooden spooners could learn a lot from the kid about giving a fk for the 80 mins each wk when ur at work.

Tigerm

First Grade
Without Bula we are 0 & 9.The kid has been stupendous.A lot of the self entitled snowflakes employed by the concord wooden spooners could learn a lot from the kid about giving a fk for the 80 mins each wk when ur at work.
Yeah, the difference between him and Laurie is a chasm, isn’t it.