What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Eels @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Eels v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 11
Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
Thursday 23 July 2020

Kickoff 7:50pm - Nine/9Now, Fox/Kayo

TL-PAR20a.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. Andrew Davey 15. Marata Niukore 16. Stefano Utoikamanu 17. Brad Takairangi 18. David Gower 19. George Jennings 20. Daniel Alvaro 21. Jai Field

TL-WST20a.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Chris Lawrence 4. Moses Mbye 5. Tommy Talau 6. Billy Walters 7. Benji Marshall 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Russell Packer 11. Michael Chee-Kam 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Sam McIntyre 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Luke Brooks 17. Chris McQueen 18. Oliver Clark 19. Elijah Taylor 20. Shawn Blore 21. Alex Seyfarth

9haLtxR.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Chris Butler, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigerm

First Grade
I hope we don’t change last game team (injuries excluded), while the Broncos didn’t show anything I thought the team as a whole performed well.
Parra will obviously be a harder proposition but I think we are showing enough steel now to give them a game they won’t forget.
Maddison has given us enough energy and reason to take them down.
So us by 6 with Benji MoM
McIntyre to let the princesses both know we have changed.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I hope we don’t change last game team (injuries excluded), while the Broncos didn’t show anything I thought the team as a whole performed well.
Parra will obviously be a harder proposition but I think we are showing enough steel now to give them a game they won’t forget.
Maddison has given us enough energy and reason to take them down.
So us by 6 with Benji MoM
McIntyre to let the princesses both know we have changed.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/8a3135e5d1817c46f3fc50421b834080

Apparently he is now denying his last words, (we'd never win a GF) don't know if he did or didn't, but we are already in his head.
Bring it on.

simmo1

First Grade
I heard Twal might be back for this?

8. Aloiai
9. Grant
10. Packer
11. Garner
12. Leilua
13. Twal

That's a strong starting pack.

Both teams will be fired up for this. Parra are stronger on paper, but Manly showed they can be vulnerable through the middle so need the forwards to aim up.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
I’m pumped up for this game. It’s time to go to war with these bunch of parra dogs. I hope we smash them physically, we have started with them mentally already. Give them the hoppa finger and everything. Lol

BrotherJim05

Bench
1. AD
2. Nofa
3. Lawrence
4. Mybe
5. Talau
6. Walters
7. Benji
8. Aloai
9. Grant
10. Packer
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Eisenhuth

14. McIntyre
15. Mikale
16. Twal
17. Wildcard

Parra will be a good test to see where the team is at,as mentioned we haven’t beat any of the fancy teams above us however we have still been competitive this season.

Phil Gould

Juniors
My main worry’s about this match are:

1. Tigers FLOGGED the Broncs.
2. Parra lost.

I hope Parra are in a bit of an extended slump, like they sometimes find themselves, and the Tigers stay grounded after the massacre.

Tigerm

First Grade
My main worry’s about this match are:

1. Tigers FLOGGED the Broncs.
2. Parra lost.

I hope Parra are in a bit of an extended slump, like they sometimes find themselves, and the Tigers stay grounded after the massacre.
Though flogging the opposition is always more enjoyable than getting flogged by them.:p:p:p

But do agree, more so with the Parra loss is a worry.

The performance last weekend will go a long long way in getting us off to a good start this game simply because the coach and the players have arrived on the same page.

We finally smashed out a proper 80 minute game, not just well, but beyond any reasonable expectations. So at the last press conference, Madge had a lot of trouble finding any weakness. He’s a tough task master, he looked a bit dazed!

There was no extra grunt or planned chaos like previous games, it was pure 2020 open footy but we iced it. It showed how versatile the squad is.

Obviously the eels are a much stronger side than the Broncos.

On that basis, I expect a return to grunt footy, with some brutal defence. The cat made some stupid and insulting comments when he left and that will boost the boys emotionally. A small benefit only though.

Watching allo coming on lately has also been very uplifting. He is starting to get a bit of extra media attention which he’s enjoying. He is one of our most promising players. He is tough as they come and has a good footy brain too.

Being on the same page as the coach so comprehensively is very rare. We showed some wonderful composure at times v Panthers, we will need that. I expect we will fall behind at some stage, but if we stick to our strengths, we could grind our way to a win.

But it’s come at a good time for us. Even if we lose, we will get a lot out of playing a top side.

Same page as coach in the book of the season is where we want to be. Hopefully we can turn each page over together.

Co vid might finish off the season early though.

Last edited:
Though flogging the opposition is always more enjoyable than getting flogged by them.:p:p:p

But do agree, more so with the Parra loss is a worry.

Just gotta worry about what we can control. That they lost will shake them a bit and Brad can scream at them, but their momentum has cracked.

I don’t trust them, I think they are a bit over rated. They haven’t played a spoiling pack like ours this year. They aren’t as fresh and willing.

Can't see us getting the chocolates with the same bench, no Twal or Garner.

MCK is going to get shredded.
I was thinking of some way to describe the selection of MCK. Surprised yes and ending up being shredded is spot on Charlatan. The former Tiger playing at 13 will be licking his lips.

Tigerm

First Grade
1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Chris Lawrence 4. Moses Mbye 5. Tommy Talau 6. Billy Walters 7. Benji Marshall 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Russell Packer 11. Michael Chee-Kam 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Sam McIntyre 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Luke Brooks 17. Chris McQueen 18. Oliver Clark 19. Elijah Taylor 20. Shawn Blore 21. Alex Seyfarth

If MGK can hold his own and the reserves do their thing, we are a chance.

WA Tiger

Bench
Well at least we don’t expect to win ...Always a good place to start ...Re Brookes. I’m not going to say a word.

Das Hassler

Bench
MCK no doubt received the same "why you were dropped and whatcha got to do about it" talk as benji and brooks...i guess / am hoping Madge has seen enough to believe he'll respond ...brooks being on the bench will at least keep benj and billy on the front foot...curious nonetheless

Garner with concussion apparantly

Last edited: