What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Souths @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 11: Souths v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 11
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers
Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 13 May 2023

Gates open 12:30pm, NSW Cup 12:40pm, NRL kickoff 3pm. Broadcast live on Fox League and Kayo Sports.

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Hame Sele 11. Michael Chee Kam 12. Jacob Host 13. Cameron Murray 14. Jai Arrow 15. Jed Cartwright 16. Liam Knight 17. Thomas Burgess 18. Blake Taaffe 19. Richard Kennar 20. Peter Mamouzelos 21. Ben Lovett 22. Dean Hawkins

Out: Blake Taaffe (activated 18th player)

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Starford To'a 4. Tommy Talau 5. Junior Tupou 6. Brandon Wakeham 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Jake Simpkin 15. Joe Ofahengaue 16. Alex Twal 17. Asu Kepaoa 18. Alex Seyfarth 19. Justin Matamua 20. Shawn Blore 21. Daine Laurie 22. Triston Reilly

Out: Alex Seyfarth (bench)
In: John Bateman (second row)
Changes: Asu Kepaoa (second row to bench)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Liam Kennedy
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Cameron Paddy
Video Referee: Adam Gee

LOWER GRADES
South Sydney^ v Western Subs^ at Accor, Sat - NSW Cup 12:40pm (FOX)
South Sydney^ v Wests Tigers^ at Accor, Sun - Flegg 3pm​

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
One game every year we play well and souffs play garbage. Let’s hope it’s this week.
Remind me a bit of our 05 side every time they go to thier backline the passes just stick, there's always players in motion and something on. But Latrell loves the big occasion and playing the current spoon favourites is not it, so there's hope.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep, dare to dream, it's what it's all about.

Kick, kick, kick to the corners has been working, Latrell will run out of puff and so will his teams fortunes, us by 4 with our new golden child MoM.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep, dare to dream, it's what it's all about.

Kick, kick, kick to the corners has been working, Latrell will run out of puff and so will his teams fortunes, us by 4 with our new golden child MoM.
Amazing what a couple of wins does for our confidence, makes you cocky all of a sudden lol

Noticeable also, all the calls to sack everyone has disappeared for a while, as well? It is true, winning changes everything.

Last edited:
Just played with the ladder predictor on the NRL site.
Pick Tigers in next 2 games followed by all teams higher on the ladder than their opposition.

Result, Tigers jump to 13th, a point behind Manly but above Knights, Eels, Dogs & Dragons.

Question to self, when was the last time Tigers won 4 in a row? Oh well.

Pezz70

Juniors
We haven’t won three in a row for 5 or 6 years so 4 in a row is just a dream. Pity we’ve run into the hottest side in the comp for the attempt at a 3rd consecutive victory. The key to this game is to upset Walker and Mitchell. Walker has wised up a bit this season, has the occasional grimace but has not really had a brain fade yet (playing the best footy of his career by a fair way would be my origin 5/8 without even thinking). Mitchell is always ripe, gets up aggro every time he gets tackled. We need to drag this game into the grind, be great to have a mistake free first 20 minutes with plenty of ball in hand.
I can see this being a big game for Nofo they’ll go at his wing all day, it was great to see him recover to get Feagai in to touch after he charged off the wing yesty. He is really having a dig hope he keeps going

Exsilium

First Grade
Souths are very beatable.

If you turn them around, kick to corners and make the back three work, you have a good chance.

Not giving Cody Walker time also helps but showing him the sideline and backing your edge defence will result in him pushing passes.

Make Latrell run and don't give away easy penalties.

I don't think this is unwinnable, just a bit harder and you'll have to play for 80 minutes.

WA Tiger

Bench
My 2 favourite teams Damn!! ..If our forwards can play fully to their potential causing souths to go backwards more than they are comfortable with, upsetting their rhythm and if our limited number of star backs can find something to lift the others then maybe.. .. but otherwise yea a bloodbath is likely,
I can’t see Walker playing as well outside of this super tight unit eg for nsw And that’s what they are..They have few if any weaknesses including a defence that is ridiculous good and they are strong on both sides..At the same time I think Walker can be their weak link if we can shake his confidence somehow. He’s been known to lose his touch when he’s not comfortable or under enough pressure. Benji and co would have him in their sites you’d think

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
My 2 favourite teams Damn!! ..If our forwards can play fully to their potential causing souths to go backwards more than they are comfortable with, upsetting their rhythm and if our limited number of star backs can find something to lift the others then maybe.. .. but otherwise yea a bloodbath is likely,
I can’t see Walker playing as well outside of this super tight unit eg for nsw And that’s what they are..They have few weaknesses and strong on both sides..At the same time I think Walker can be their weak link if we can shake his confidence somehow. He’s been known to lose his touch when he’s not comfortable or under enough pressure. Benji and co would have him in their sites you’d think
I think Walker is a standout for origin, he has been killing it and looks to be in a good place, Luai hasn’t been at the top of his game for a while, had a pretty reasonable game against the Warriors though, is incumbent and plays next to Cleary every week, pretty big plus’. I also agree that taking a player, especially one of the spine, out of the comfort of his own side into reps can take a bit out of their game.

I think Api might be back on track for an origin jersey too 😩

Tigerm

First Grade

Team List:

1. Jahream Bula - sponsored by Australian Track Services

2. David Nofoaluma - sponsored by Leumeah Shopping Centre

3. Starford To'a - sponsored by Murray Kennedy Real Estate

4. Tommy Talau - sponsored by APN Compounding

5. Junior Tupou - sponsored by The Meat Man

6. Brandon Wakeham - sponsored by Club Menangle

7. Luke Brooks - sponsored by Momenta Advisors

8. Stefano Utoikamanu - sponsored by LP Construction