What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Titans v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose Cannon

Bench
scrum loss against the feed what was Ponga doing feeding should have been Lamb or Watson.
Those mistakes cost the game, shouldn't happen.
Exactly, why do we have a bloke wear the number 7, preety sure he didnt feed one all game. Watson fed the first couple, i think, then Ponga.

Great idea taking your two best runners of the ball and watch them stand there blindside while Griffin shovels it to Barnett for a settler. Has anyone noticed how evasive Ponga is against a full line of defence. Just thinking he could probably be dangerous against half a line. Watson looked dangerous many a time today too.

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
Pls. What is this comment?

Can you stop being over the top hysterical after every loss.
There is nothing over the top, please, look at every other post throughout the thread.

Brown can’t coach our team to defend, or can’t coach rugby league players to defend. He has just blasted the entire team in the press conference. Why put yourself through the process that is the Newcastle Knights?

TPJ and Latrell Mitchell go ok...:oops:

I too love seeing our region act as a nursery for the rest of the NRL.

Spot On

Coach
Mistakes at critical times, questions, pass to DanS he was to close and given to firm and high should have gone in the breadbasket, scrum loss against the feed what was Ponga doing feeding should have been Lamb or Watson.
Those mistakes cost the game, shouldn't happen.

Yes those mistakes hurt and compound and add to a loss but again.... it all starts with our horrible defensive techniques, pattern and line speed as well as our piss poor soft carries of the footy. They are our big problems that need fixing.

Get that right and you can carry a few poor players in the 17 when injuries hit. You can cover some poor errors. But you can't win games when you are continually being belted backwards with the ball and running backwards when defending.

Forwards should be going FORWARD all the f**king time not backwards.

Old dog

Juniors
Yes those mistakes hurt and compound and add to a loss but again.... it all starts with our horrible defensive techniques, pattern and line speed as well as our piss poor soft carries of the footy. They are our big problems that need fixing.

Get that right and you can carry a few poor players in the 17 when injuries hit. You can cover some poor errors. But you can't win games when you are continually being belted backwards with the ball and running backwards when defending.

Forwards should be going FORWARD all the f**king time not backwards.
You don't have to tackle if you have the ball two big bad incidents gave them the ball when we should have been pushing out of our end or attacking. Agreed our defence needs work but reducing defence time by eliminating basic mistakes is a good start

macavity

Referee
We have 6 of our next 7 at home. Could have gone in to that stretch pushing for a finals spot, playing in front of big crowds.

Instead we will go in hoping not to lose them all.

Just dropped our bundle big time over the past three weeks.

Lynoman

Bench
Lamb is a deadset passenger, our back line is possibly the worst in the NRL save Ponga and I have no idea what Levi brings to the team, Slade is obviously a 80 min hooker and I'd rather Buhrer cause he can at least fill in the back row.

Spot On

Coach
You don't have to tackle if you have the ball two big bad incidents gave them the ball when we should have been pushing out of our end or attacking. Agreed our defence needs work but reducing defence time by eliminating basic mistakes is a good start

They were bad errors no doubt but guess which team do far this w/e has made the least 'errors'?

Old dog

Juniors
Our defence isn't as bad as the overreact types claim, cut out the silly mistakes, dropped ball out from kick off and scrum loss against the feed and we are in there zone attacking not defending, the longer you defend the more likely fatigue and errors, bad reads enter, cut those out and suddenly we seem to be defending better. If you reverse those two very bad errors then they become fatigued, make mistakes and even in attack look slow, it is a big turnaround.

macavity

Referee
We aren't THAT bad - our discipline and handling are actually above average.

We just have this uncanny knack of making devastating mistakes that almost always lead to points and massive momentum shifts.

It's not the number, it's the effect.

Bartwah

Juniors
Our defence isn't as bad as the overreact types claim, cut out the silly mistakes, dropped ball out from kick off and scrum loss against the feed and we are in there zone attacking not defending, the longer you defend the more likely fatigue and errors, bad reads enter, cut those out and suddenly we seem to be defending better. If you reverse those two very bad errors then they become fatigued, make mistakes and even in attack look slow, it is a big turnaround.
Our defence isn’t bad? We literally have had the most points scored against us than any other team this year. I’m all for being optimistic, but you’re in denial pal

Burwood

Bench
Our defense IS that bad. It’s why we fall to pieces the second the opposition have a 50/50 call go their way or we give away back-to-back penalties.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Went to the game and so disappointed with our performance. For a game we really needed to win, to let in 15 points in the last 20 mins is a joke. When Ponga got that try I thought we had the momentum and were going to keep it going and get the win. That drop from Safiti on the kick off killed that momentum and we folded quicker than Grandma on laundry day.
Our defence is terrible, our go forward is poor, our ability to control the ruck is non-existent.
This team annoys the shit out of me. At the start of the year I thought we had gotten past a lot of our deficiencies, but they were just hidden behind a few close wins.
I wish I could stop caring.

Knight Vision

First Grade
We aren't THAT bad - our discipline and handling are actually above average.

We just have this uncanny knack of making devastating mistakes that almost always lead to points and massive momentum shifts.

It's not the number, it's the effect.
have to agree with this - come to a critical passage of play and you can almost guarantee we will make a crucial error. They play like a team down on confidence.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall, but I'd have a guess that theyre all a bunch of lovely quiet types? The team needs a couple of loud mouthed, confident aggro dudes.

I remember an article when Willie Mason joined the club, Bennett got him for his character as much as experience because he felt the dressing room was missing this kind of character. Go over our roster and they all come across as quiet guys, hardly a talker among them

NK Arsenal

Juniors
To be clear, I was talking about handling/discipline.

Our defence is indeed terrible.
I agree it’s terrible. Gone back to 2016 when any side could come inside our red zone and get a guaranteed six points. Not first grade standard.

Haffa

That was a gut wrenchingly poor to end the game. They should never have allowed the late try before half time either, but to then wrestle the lead back and throw it away like that? Our forwards besides Aiden and Herms aren't up to scratch. I'd give Ponga a 10 year Taumalolo contract right now.

Crowd was I'd say 60:40 Knights fans at worst. Loud Newcastle chants were rocking from both sides of the ground all game. All it needed was a tonne of flags and it was akin back to the Crusade away days. It was pretty much a home game and they toss up that performance. I was supposed to go to a post game event but opted to drive back to Brisbane instead if they couldn't be bothered to show up why should I?