What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Cronulla @ C.ex Coffs International Stadium, Coffs Harbour / Gumbaynggirr

Who will win? Round 12: Cronulla v Newcastle

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 12
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v Newcastle Knights
C.ex Coffs International Stadium, Coffs Harbour / Gumbaynggirr, Coffs Harbour (TICKETS)
Saturday 20 May 2023

NRL kickoff 3:00pm. Broadcast on Fox League, Kayo Sports.

CRO2022TEAM.png

1. William Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Connor Tracey 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Matt Moylan 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Oregon Kaufusi 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Royce Hunt 11. Briton Nikora 12. Teig Wilton 13. Dale Finucane 14. Braydon Trindall 15. Jack Williams 16. Wade Graham 17. Thomas Hazelton 18. Daniel Atkinson 19. Mawene Hiroti 20. Braden Hamlin-Uele 21. Jesse Colquhoun 22. Jayden Berrell

Out: Cameron McInnes (front row)
In: Oregon Kaufusi (front row)

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Lachlan Miller 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Kalyn Ponga 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Jack Hetherington 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Leo Thompson 14. Tyson Gamble 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Adam Elliott 17. Mathew Croker 18. Jack Johns 19. Enari Tuala 20. Adam Clune 21. Hymel Hunt 22. Simi Sasagi

Changes: Leo Thompson (front row to lock), Jack Hetherington (lock to front row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Liam Kennedy
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Dan Munroe
Video Referee: Matt Noyen

LOWER GRADES
Cronulla^ / Newtown^ v Newcastle^ at Henson, Sat - Flegg 12:45pm / NSW Cup 3pm​

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
The Sharks are the most explosive attacking team this year, but they've had their share of lapses this year too.

This will be extremely tough and we obviously need to be much better than today.

This could easily be like the game we had against the Eels, but I'm hoping we get back to the Knights vs Panthers in the first half.

The "short" turnaround doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Woody90

Juniors
Will depend on what Knights team shows up.

If we show up with the right attitude in defence it’s winnable.

More likely though the intensity will drop after some pats on the back yesterday and they’ll treat the trip to Coffs like a holiday and we get destroyed.

Could go either way. Hoping for the former, expecting the latter.

Yosh

Coach
Don't care about the result. I just want to see our blokes go smash some Manly forwards like we did against the Titans. Let's give them hell boys!

Old dog

Juniors
It’s a big game, strong performance required, a win would great but a strong performance would be very good no matter if win or lose. SOO places up for grabs so expect Ponga, Safs to perform and of course Friz who always puts in.

Yosh

Coach
The Ponga vs. Hynes show. Frizz is in with a shout to play Origin and one of the Saifitis should go as well, which one might be decided this week. Hopefully we put in a performance the fans can be proud of.

I wanna see Gamble play 60 or more minutes also.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Lachie Miller
2. Dom Young
3. Dane Gagai
4. Bradman Best
5. Greg Marzhew
6. Kalyn Ponga (C)
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Phoenix Crossland
10. Jack Hetherington
11. Tyson Frizell (C)
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Leo Thompson

14. Tyson Gamble
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Adam Elliott
17. Mat Croker

18. Jack Johns
19. Enari Tuala
20. Adam Clune
21. Hymel Hunt
22. Simi Sasagi

Jono078

Referee
AOB is really struggling to lockdown on a #13. I'm not sure who is best suited to start the game there either.

I feel optimism seeping into my veins but I don't want it.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Really like the look of that squad. Perhaps Phoenix is actually finding his feet as a dummy half. Last week he was outstanding.

Woody90

Juniors
Our forwards need to aim up.

This is what it will come down to. If we can match them in the forwards the backs are good enough to put points on but I’m worried we’ll get dominated in the middle.

We need to be a bit smarter too in attack. I know we scored 46 points but Sharks will be tougher…we don’t need Crossland and Miller putting in kicks at the end of sets when we have Hastings, Ponga and Gamble all on the field.

Latest posts