What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs North Qld @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v North Qld

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Das Hassler

Bench
I think if most of us are honest about where our frustrations really lay it's not so much individual performances but longing for a winning mindset...going out there expecting to win through relentless effort backed up by the talent to do the job...as per Panthers at their best and a Bellamy Storm..this is not to push Sheens barrow but the only time we've been that was in 05. I think it's time we start to put the " what WT are" in the bin...only Brooks and Noffa of this current playing group have any connection to the past and like him or hate him to hell one thing you have to admit about Sheens is that he's not weighed down by the guilt of any past failures. As for Brooks...apart from maybe Ivan ( HB of the year!) this is the first time he's been coached by an attack focused coach / coaches...I vote forget the past frustrations and give the notion that Sheens may be one of the few coaches "he's been waiting for" a go. He's getting older but so is Bennett and Sheens actually did construct what was a truly unique attacking machine with the Raiders and WT in "you know what year"..both truly unique and undefendable(?) at their best. I really believe he's set his sights on another shot at that vision from the outset and unless i'm totally deluded I believe we now have a better blend of experience and hungry raw talent than we've ever had. This side owes the past nothing!

Note : i know this all sounds very flowery but it's really how I'm seeing it...if we all want that real change for the better then we may as well get onboard when the change appears to have arrived...for me at least I believe I'm seeing it...close to all the onfield KPI's are being ticked and then some.

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
I only watched the highlights but the Tigers attack looked very sharp, lots of backing up, precise and deceptive ball movement…all that’s been missing.

Brooks, gotta give credit I suppose, looked like he had a blinder. Wtf happened to him? Just wanting another contract can’t do that to someone, he’s gotta be on something. He looked more like a lynch pin than the weak link he has been for so long. Why does he have to play like that only now?

I only watched the highlights but the Tigers attack looked very sharp, lots of backing up, precise and deceptive ball movement…all that’s been missing.

Brooks, gotta give credit I suppose, looked like he had a blinder. Wtf happened to him? Just wanting another contract can’t do that to someone, he’s gotta be on something. He looked more like a lynch pin than the weak link he has been for so long. Why does he have to play like that only now?

“…He’s gotta be on something” ffs brilliant.

High five, mind the claws!

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors

Got a forward pack that gets the defence going backwards now. Those boys absolutely dominated the Cowboys and they have been sticking it to others sides for weeks.

Korisau is a good part of the reason for that. It all comes together when the defence is in reverse, blokes aren’t getting tossed on their backs the play the ball is a lot slicker and your halves get to run at a retreating or at minimum a flat footed defensive line that isn’t in your face all day, couple that with mistake free footy, and solid defence you’ve got the formula. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a pack that consistently wins the contact

Kudos to Klemmer he has been killing it, what a leader, it’s like he is 20 again, he has in my opinion been exactly the type of bloke to bring Utiokamanu to prominence, how much has Stefano’s game come along in the last month, unprecedented improvement, he was always talented just needed the catalyst to take the next step and Klemmer is that catalyst.

Last edited:
Was a quality thundercocking, glad our attack finally clicked.

Unfortunately I still worry about our ability to defend our own line, three cheap tries to them from inside our own half.

Pezz70

Juniors
Was a quality thundercocking, glad our attack finally clicked.

Unfortunately I still worry about our ability to defend our own line, three cheap tries to them from inside our own half.
Leilua was two metres offside, and the Feldt try was off the back off stupid penalties, and let’s face it they had a hell of a time getting anywhere near our line, 90% of the game was in their half.

MasterTiger

Juniors
Watched the game for a second time yesterday (without beers) just to make sure it happened. There were some serious try’s executed by the boys … dare I say it there was class evident. Batemans delayed pass was a beautiful thing. Juniors barnstormer from somewhat broken play lead up was incredible. No look deception from API for a couple and the final try reminded me a little bit of Smith , Cronk , Slater. The timing and execution was sublime . I haven’t seen a Tigers team for a long time attack as superbly and virtually unstoppable as that. Buckle in… we are finally on our way back from ridicule and easy beat tags .

Das Hassler

Bench
Cue Fittler and Gallen....they cannot hide their discomfort in admitting anything positive about the Tigers let alone tipping them for a win...watch Gallen tonight..." yeah sure it was a big win but the Cows have been inconsistent and it's whether WT can back it up.. which they have never been able to in the past...they're still at the bottom for a reason but we'll see ( insert condescending smirk here)"

* meant to say watch Gallen tomorrow night...lost track of what day it is...perhaps understandably :)

OK...being an anonymous poster I'm man enough to apologise this once to Gallen...he was effusive in his genuine praise of the performance ....It must have been hard for him though lol

Tigerm

First Grade
Watched the game for a second time yesterday (without beers) just to make sure it happened. There were some serious try’s executed by the boys … dare I say it there was class evident. Batemans delayed pass was a beautiful thing. Juniors barnstormer from somewhat broken play lead up was incredible. No look deception from API for a couple and the final try reminded me a little bit of Smith , Cronk , Slater. The timing and execution was sublime . I haven’t seen a Tigers team for a long time attack as superbly and virtually unstoppable as that. Buckle in… we are finally on our way back from ridicule and easy beat tags .
Yeah, it was Storm like wasn't it, we now know how those fans feel like after most games?

WA Tiger

Bench
OK...being an anonymous poster I'm man enough to apologise this once to Gallen...he was effusive in his genuine praise of the performance ....It must have been hard for him though lol
In a similar vein, we might start hearing Blocker Roach on foxtel showing some kind of support for WT and giving some indication he was a big part of the club, instead of pandering to the majority

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

WA Tiger

Bench

Certainly had a great game, deserves the accolades, we are getting a good team together, aren’t we. Not sure it will mean much this year, but I live in hope.

“To'a racked up two tries, one try assist, five line-breaks, 12 tackle busts and 223 running metres off 23 carries.” And 2 Daly m points

Who the Fk picks the Daly m points .. seriously,It’s like they listen to all the chat and miss the game. In fact I reckon most of them haven't watched a wt game for years, how they keep saying Brooks should run more. Problem is even Brooks thinks he should run more now. And the commentators go “ooooh look Brooks is running”!! like he’s Usain Bolt, then ahhhh brick wall.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
“To'a racked up two tries, one try assist, five line-breaks, 12 tackle busts and 223 running metres off 23 carries.” And 2 Daly m points
Agree, he had the best game of his life, but it probably doesn't happen if the 7 doesn't get the ball out and Bula is just a freak, it was a shame, but everyone played their butts off, and you can't give the 3 pts to them all?

WA Tiger

Bench
You might see Toa’s stats 2-3 more times this year from any player, if your lucky

Last edited: