What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs South Sydney @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park

Who will win? Round 12: South Sydney v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 12
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers
Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 28 May 2022

NRL kickoff 5:30pm

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Blake Taaffe 2. Alex Johnston 3. Jaxson Paulo 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Hame Sele
Interchange: 14. Liam Knight 15. Mark Nicholls 16. Siliva Havili 17. Kodi Nikorima 18. Josh Mansour 19. Isaiah Tass 20. Trent Peoples 21. Shaq Mitchell 22. Dean Hawkins 23. Izaac Thompson 24. Cameron Murray

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. Asu Kepaoa 3. Starford To'a 4. Brent Naden 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Luke Brooks 7. Jackson Hastings 8. James Tamou 9. Jake Simpkin 10. Zane Musgrove 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Kelma Tuilagi 15. Alex Twal 16. Fa'amanu Brown 17. Stefano Utoikamanu 18. Alex Seyfarth 19. Jock Madden 20. Jacob Liddle 21. Tyrone Peachey 22. Fonua Pole 23. Junior Tupou 24. David Nofoaluma

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Matt Noyen, Nick Beashel
Video Referee: Adam Gee

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Norths v Souths at NSO, Sunday - Cup 2pm
Sydney v Souths at Waverley, Sunday - Flegg 3pm
Wests Magpies / Wests Tigers v Newtown / Cronulla at Lidcombe, Sunday - Cup 3pm / Flegg 5pm​

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Just looked up Souths last 5 games record? L,W,L,W,L.

Hopefully it's not an omen, it's going to difficult enough?

Still, if we can get them, we then have a bye and play a Turbo less Manly? 6 pts up for grabs? Not something we have done well in the past.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We’ll likely have the strongest team we’ve been able to name all year. Souths have been absolute garbage this year, if we’re going to do any sort of run towards September it needs to start here.

24-16 to the good guys

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Yeah souffs are trash. They are not the same formidable force they have been from years gone by

If we are fair dinkum about our chances and with key personnel back we need to be winning this

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
We’ll likely have the strongest team we’ve been able to name all year. Souths have been absolute garbage this year, if we’re going to do any sort of run towards September it needs to start here.

24-16 to the good guys
Read some stat we've got the worst injury toll in the comp by some margin

Just about all of our players on the sidelines would be in and around the 17 somewhere

Phil Gould

Juniors
Looking forward to seeing the lineups for this one. The raiders pack really dominated the bunnies this week, hoping to see a repeat of that next week rather than an extra effort from their forwards to regain some respect. This will be a tough one with the tigers coming from a soft win, the bunnies from a heavy loss.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Yip this is a biggy
That’s written by Chammas, he is a noted anti Madge journo?
I can’t see the board doing anything, unless Tim wants it, and to be fair, there is a fair amount of reason for our woes this year, imo? I think overall the performances are pretty reasonable (except a couple of blow out scores), Tim would see this as well, I believe?

You’ll get your way eventually though.

WA Tiger

Bench
That’s written by Chammas, he is a noted anti Madge journo?
I can’t see the board doing anything, unless Tim wants it, and to be fair, there is a fair amount of reason for our woes this year, imo? I think overall the performances are pretty reasonable (except a couple of blow out scores), Tim would see this as well, I believe?

You’ll get your way eventually though.
That’s down the track..I want to see who go’s where, for a must win game

Last edited:

Tigers1986

Juniors
Very much looking forward to this. I hope Hastings is alright and fit to go, cos he adds so much to the side. It'll be a wet, scrappy affair and these 2 always bring it. I'm heading to the game myself so I can laugh at Cody Walker constantly.

The Rosco

Bench
Very much looking forward to this. I hope Hastings is alright and fit to go, cos he adds so much to the side. It'll be a wet, scrappy affair and these 2 always bring it. I'm heading to the game myself so I can laugh at Cody Walker constantly.
And you shouldn't restrict your laughter just to Cody.
There is a leaning to laugh at the whole side.
It's officially known as LOL@$OUFF$.
There's a whole thread on it. Hundreds of posts.
Even I have partaken in a hearty lol@souffs. Try it . . . it's good for the soul.

Tiger05

First Grade
Interesting team. I don't know why Nofo wasn't picked instead of Kepaoa but I rate Kepaoa.

Brooks back and Madden straight out after a good game.

We are looking a lot stronger. Our backline has to be one of the worst in the comp but guys like Kepaoa, To'a and Naden are all big, fast outside backs and they are pushing for a spot.

Our spine looks a lot better with Liddle out. His service has been poor. I don't know what has happened to Liddle because at one point his service was better than Simpkins.

Nu Brown getting the utility spot is interesting as well. He suits the role. Peachey does as well.

This could all be smokescreens though. Let's see the run on team when they play.

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting team. I don't know why Nofo wasn't picked instead of Kepaoa but I rate Kepaoa.

Brooks back and Madden straight out after a good game.

We are looking a lot stronger. Our backline has to be one of the worst in the comp but guys like Kepaoa, To'a and Naden are all big, fast outside backs and they are pushing for a spot.

Our spine looks a lot better with Liddle out. His service has been poor. I don't know what has happened to Liddle because at one point his service was better than Simpkins.

Nu Brown getting the utility spot is interesting as well. He suits the role. Peachey does as well.

This could all be smokescreens though. Let's see the run on team when they play.
Would have liked to see Kepaoa have a run in the centres, but looks a reasonable side. Maybe we are seeing our new centres pairing for a while?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Naden and To'a seem the logic choice, but it's clear there is a lot of competition on centre position. Nofa gets the right wing spot as soon as he's cleared of concussion issues so it's really Kepoa's spot to lose.

I've always been a fan of Laurie. Even when he had those few weeks of really poor form I think the kid can play. He was huge in the Bunnies/Eels wins, so I hope he can quickly regain that form...our backline desperately needs it.

I really hope Nofa is fit and firing and we can keep the same 1-7 backline for as long as possible. We haven't really had much time to build combinations so it would be great to start seeing that

Latest posts