What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs South Sydney @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park

Who will win? Round 12: South Sydney v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
I like the look of this side, hopefully they can put it together quickly, there’s some changes in key spots there

WA Tiger

Bench
Yip thats a solid team..Match fitness could be an issue for the guys returning but can now expect a good result. Good bench too

Choiboi

Juniors
I'm surprised Ken is still playing. He looks forever injured. He's been solid all year though, our highest try scorer and does alot of yardage

WA Tiger

Bench
I don't see Madge getting sacked. Maybe they won't extend his contract if we have another shitty year next year but it makes zero sense sacking him when things feel like they are very slowly starting to turn around
Too slowly. That “let it slide” mentality was pre sheens. That’s why they got him in. The results so far have Madge on the negative side of the ledger, due to games we should have won but didn’t and our position on the ladder. And because this has been the norm for 4 years ! If things don’t change their will be consequences sooner rather than later. This next game is a biggy. Esp with the solid team selected.
It’s all about getting into the top 8 now, as it always should have been for Madge, or any coach, for any team

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Kepeoa on the wing over Nofa is ludicrous. If they are going to leave Nofa out youd be better having Kepeoa at centre and Toa on the wing. Toa has been equally as good at wing and centre. Kepeoa has shown centre is his best spot.

Harsh on Madden, he was excellent last week and I would have kept the combo with Hastings going. Brooks only having a week off for a hamstring sounds a big risk for mine, they are notorious for reinjuring. With a bye next week and Maddens form I would have given him a rest.

Whilst we've got some back so have Souths with Murray and Nicholls back, Talota and Milne named but need to pass the HIA proticols.

Why am I more nervous now that we've named a 'strong' side then if we still had a heap out?

WA Tiger

Bench
Kepeoa on the wing over Nofa is ludicrous. If they are going to leave Nofa out youd be better having Kepeoa at centre and Toa on the wing. Toa has been equally as good at wing and centre. Kepeoa has shown centre is his best spot.

Harsh on Madden, he was excellent last week and I would have kept the combo with Hastings going. Brooks only having a week off for a hamstring sounds a big risk for mine, they are notorious for reinjuring. With a bye next week and Maddens form I would have given him a rest.

Whilst we've got some back so have Souths with Murray and Nicholls back, Talota and Milne named but need to pass the HIA proticols.

Why am I more nervous now that we've named a 'strong' side then if we still had a heap out?
Ok I hadn’t thought that Kepaoa had been picked on merit. I’d have thought they looked long term and decided they would only play Nofa if desperate, coz the longer his head can be protected from another head knock the better.
I don’t think Madden is a match winner playing against the better teams..Brooks can be great against any of the heavyweights esp his long cut out passes and kicks for maimalo etc. Fair point with the hamstring. That’s a decision Madge had to make. Lucky if we lose Brooks, Black Jesus will save the day. I’ll go with his pick

Hastings may prefer to play with Brooks?

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench

Nofa not injured & has been dropped might have something to do with what I heard that Maguire & Nofa had a decent blue at training

WA Tiger

Bench
Nofa not injured & has been dropped might have something to do with what I heard that Maguire & Nofa had a decent blue at training
Ok so that is fkn ludicrous. Juicy but. Madge just can’t help himself can he. Just when I thought he’d nailed it. Nofo just wants to get back out there where he’s needed.

Last edited:

Veracity14

Juniors
And you shouldn't restrict your laughter just to Cody.
There is a leaning to laugh at the whole side.
It's officially known as LOL@$OUFF$.
There's a whole thread on it. Hundreds of posts.
Even I have partaken in a hearty lol@souffs. Try it . . . it's good for the soul.

Lol @ you 😂😂

Tigerm

First Grade

Tigers team: 1. Daine Laurie 2. Asu Kepaoa 3. Starford To’a 4. Brent Naden 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Luke Brooks 7. Jackson Hastings 8. James Tamou 9. Jake Simpkin 10. Zane Musgrove 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue 14. Kelma Tuilagi 15. Alex Twal 16. Fa’amanu Brown 17. Stefano Utoikamanu 18. Alex Seyfarth 19. Jock Madden 20. Jacob Liddle 21. Tyrone Peachey 22. Fonua Pole 23. Junior Tupou 24. David Nofoaluma

Players cut:

Late Mail: Try machine David Nofoaluma’s mysterious absence for Michael Maguire’s starting line up can now be explained. According to the Daily Telegraph, an off-field incident along with injury and concussion are behind his recent omission. According to the report, which did not reveal the nature of the incident, Nofoaluma was subject to an internal disciplinary sanction. It was descibed as a minor incident but comes after he was stood down from the leadership group last year. He has been named on an extended bench to face Souths. Fullback Daine Laurie will need to pass a fitness test to return early from injury. If he fails to recover in time Starford To’a will switch to fullback with Tyrone Peachey coming in at centre. Luke Brooks returns at five-eighth, but Jackson Hastings is in doubt after being seen in a moon boot. If Hastings is ruled out Jock Madden would join Brooks in the halves. David Nofoaluma is bidding to return from concussion from the reserves with Asu Kepaoa the man likely to make way.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Tigers team: 1. Daine Laurie 2. Asu Kepaoa 3. Starford To’a 4. Brent Naden 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Luke Brooks 7. Jackson Hastings 8. James Tamou 9. Jake Simpkin 10. Zane Musgrove 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue 14. Kelma Tuilagi 15. Alex Twal 16. Fa’amanu Brown 17. Stefano Utoikamanu 18. Alex Seyfarth 19. Jock Madden 20. Jacob Liddle 21. Tyrone Peachey 22. Fonua Pole 23. Junior Tupou 24. David Nofoaluma

Players cut:

Late Mail: Try machine David Nofoaluma’s mysterious absence for Michael Maguire’s starting line up can now be explained. According to the Daily Telegraph, an off-field incident along with injury and concussion are behind his recent omission. According to the report, which did not reveal the nature of the incident, Nofoaluma was subject to an internal disciplinary sanction. It was descibed as a minor incident but comes after he was stood down from the leadership group last year. He has been named on an extended bench to face Souths. Fullback Daine Laurie will need to pass a fitness test to return early from injury. If he fails to recover in time Starford To’a will switch to fullback with Tyrone Peachey coming in at centre. Luke Brooks returns at five-eighth, but Jackson Hastings is in doubt after being seen in a moon boot. If Hastings is ruled out Jock Madden would join Brooks in the halves. David Nofoaluma is bidding to return from concussion from the reserves with Asu Kepaoa the man likely to make way.
He could do a Haas and the club may let him go? 🤣

WA Tiger

Bench

Players cut:

Ok so that could be a completely different team without Hastings and Toa back to fullback..and a bad result for us..If so I’d feign headaches if I was Nofo

Tigerm

First Grade
Ok so that could be a completely different team without Hastings and Toa back to fullback..and a bad result for us..If so I’d feign headaches if I was Nofo
Can’t be sure, but on instagram about 1 hr ago, both Laurie and Hastings are training with the team, by the look of it?

Tiger05

First Grade
I just heard Madge's update for this week. I think Brooks and Hastings are playing. He clearly stated Nofo was available to be picked this week and wasn't injured. So Nofo hasn't been selected you'd assume because he got on the piss or something.

Latest posts