What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs St Geo Illa @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v St Geo Illa

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Das Hassler

Bench
You are forgetting running it over the sideline in the first 10 minutes of play. A good team punishers us for that and gets momentum, lucky for us we were playing the dragons.

I didn't say the most complete game of any winger....just for him. That blooper aside tonight was what I've been waiting year after year to see from him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We were ok. Our forwards dominated theirs and we’re Moving the ball well in patches. Disappointed that we clicked off after Jets second try, should have won by 30 and in all honesty probably 50.

Interesting to see what Madge does with the team moving forward. If we’re serious about Talau then I’m keeping him at center rest of the year. We desperately need a winger and Roberts may have found a home, although he wasn’t tested at all tonight.

Penrith even missing 4 or 5 stars will be much tougher then that next week.

We were ok. Our forwards dominated theirs and we’re Moving the ball well in patches. Disappointed that we clicked off after Jets second try, should have won by 30 and in all honesty probably 50.

Interesting to see what Madge does with the team moving forward. If we’re serious about Talau then I’m keeping him at center rest of the year. We desperately need a winger and Roberts may have found a home, although he wasn’t tested at all tonight.

Penrith even missing 4 or 5 stars will be much tougher then that next week.

Exactly right, we really looked like we could run away with it, but lost that edge and there was the scent of teetering in that second half.

A control of the vehicle but with only one hand on the wheel except through tight cornering.

As a nice aside, Nofo made his way to us filth after his ceremony to celebrate with us and people got photos taken with him. Mostly the girls lol.

The jet was also well appreciated by those assembled.

It was a nice touch. I saw a tad from Brooks tonight, a glimmer of light. The forwards surprised me a bit, but arggghh! we never actually grow and develop the next week...

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
The reason we won by 16 is the same reason we can't ice the close games. We simply don't play for 80 minutes.

Until the Tigers learn to play like every minute is the 79th minute and the game is on the line we won't be a real threat to the competition. Melbourne do this better than anyone. Rarely do you see them "switch off". It's the reason they beat excellent teams in key moments and put shit teams to the sword in 30+ games.

An example is when AD missed that goal. He laughed like it wasn't the end of the world. Yes, it wasn't. We still won the game. But that attitude is why we don't make the 8. Knowing the game is won and letting opposition score two soft tries is why we don't make the 8.

This is why Madge flogs the boys. They need to stop f**king around

Tigerm

First Grade
Exactly right, we really looked like we could run away with it, but lost that edge and there was the scent of teetering in that second half.

A control of the vehicle but with only one hand on the wheel except through tight cornering.

As a nice aside, Nofo made his way to us filth after his ceremony to celebrate with us and people got photos taken with him. Mostly the girls lol.

The jet was also well appreciated by those assembled.

It was a nice touch. I saw a tad from Brooks tonight, a glimmer of light. The forwards surprised me a bit, but arggghh! we never actually grow and develop the next week...
Yes, it's gunna be hard to get the 2 in a row against Penrith, but this is our best chance to do it and blow Ivan a kiss:D

Greg Alexander discussing the dragons, but it so equally applies to our team?

"“It is about individual effort and lifting the intensity of every individual and you win the middle again,”

Last edited:
We were ok. Our forwards dominated theirs
Yep, just ok based on the opposition, forwards were the best I’d seen them, even the reserves but. I’d hate to see the reserves simply be a clone of who they replaced but I’d still like them to play like they were team mates and the other players still be aware of what they can do.

It’s almost like they go out thinking of themselves. Which I can in a way understand at the Tigers if they sit on the sideline thinking how is such and such in the team in front of me. It’s not how squads should play. It’s not how the likes of the Storm and Chooks play.

Mikaele makes a few breaks or near breaks and others look at him with a, gee I didn’t know he could do that, type a thing.

Amone’s first touch in Tigers colours and below that with his cute little daughter and us scum after the match.

4DBF4AD4-F1F3-4658-9AF2-D8206FE0E766.jpeg

EDDE8E99-C537-4A84-9AFB-B3BDC3191D9A.jpeg
He was very kind to us fans and his family were celebrating the night with us.

None of this “ too cool for school” stuff you sometimes find with the superstars.

I welcomed him to the club, he nodded back.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Sims got a fine of $1900 for lining up Liddle's jaw with his knee.
With all the emphasis on eliminating contact to the head, you have to wonder just what the fkk the bunker and/or MRC were looking at when reviewing the incident.
I know that Sims was looking squarely at his target as he lifted his knee into JL's face.
Merkin.

With all the emphasis on eliminating contact to the head, you have to wonder just what the fkk the bunker and/or MRC were looking at when reviewing the incident.
I know that Sims was looking squarely at his target as he lifted his knee into JL's face.
Merkin.
Perhaps Fittler needs him? I mean, wants him.

simmo05

Bench
Merkin.
It's only high tackles they are policing, not deliberate attacking of the head with a lower limb

Tigerm

First Grade
Merkin.
Apparently Lucy will be cited for a shoulder charge, expecting 1 match with an early guilty plea?

Tigerm

First Grade
Dragons enforcer Tariq Sims has been charged but escaped suspension for a kneeing incident in last night's loss to the Tigers clearing his path to State of Origin selection.

AAKuVpI.img
© Nine Tariq Sims' knee comes in contact with Jacob Liddle.

The incident happened 30 seconds into the second half, when Sims' knee came in contact with the head of Tigers' rake Jacob Liddle, forcing him off the field for an HIA three minutes later. Liddle returned to the field of play.

The incident was ruled accidental during the game by the bunker but the match review committee hit Sims with a grade one dangerous contact head/neck charge resulting in a fine.

If Sims pleads guilty he'll pay $1900 if he chooses to fight the charge and loses he'll pay $2550.

Tigerm

First Grade
upload_2021-5-30_7-51-44.jpeg

It was a perfect weekend for Wests Tigers with all four grades scoring victories in Round 12.

The Women's and NRL teams started the celebrations on Friday night at Bankwest Stadium, before the reserve grade and Jersey Flegg teams continued the winning ways at Lidcombe Oval on Saturday.

Also, a milestone win, for Nofa.

Not to often these things happen?

Last edited:
The reason we won by 16 is the same reason we can't ice the close games. We simply don't play for 80 minutes.
100% Jim.
The Ch 9 caller said on Friday night that the Tigers had lost 4 games by single digits.

They didn’t deserve to win because as we all have written they were dumb, not up to it etc etc etc, but a quick look and take away enough points to give the Tigers a win and the table now shows.

Rd 5 - 30 - 34 v Cowboys becomes 30 - 29 Tigers now on 10 points Cowboys on 10
Rd 6 - 14 - 18 v Souths becomes 14 - 13. Tigers now on 12 points Souths on 16
Rd 9 - 28 - 36 v Titans becomes 28 - 27. Tigers now on 14 points Titans on 8
Rd 11 - 26 - 30 v Warriors becomes 26 - 25. Tigers now on 16 points Warriors on 8

Tigers in the 8 but still with a shit for & against. It’s all hypothetical but so what.

As I said they don’t deserve to be there, as you said Jim, they don’t play for 80 minutes.

Last edited:

Latest posts