What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Warriors @ Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe

Who will win? Round 12: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhilGould

Bench
1. Kalyn Ponga (C)
2. Edrick Lee
3. Dane Gagai
4. Enari Tuala
5. Dom Young
6. Anthony Milford
7. Jake Clifford
8. David Klemmer
9. Chris Randall
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Mitch Barnett

14. Phoenix Crossland
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Leo Thompson
17. Mat Croker

18. Simi Sasagi
19. Brodie Jones
20. Tex Hoy
21. Sauaso Sue
22. Pasami Saulo
23. Krystian Mapapalangi
24. Brayden Musgrove

Jono078

Referee
Probably the best we can do besides Crossland.
Was going to write exactly the same before seeing your post.

Once again, not sure what Crossland will offer this week other than being trampled on by Bunty Afoa.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The sooner we see the back of Crossland the better. They are trying to have him play a Watson role from last year and he's simply not up to it. Too many mistakes, poor tackles and wrong options..

aqua_duck

Coach
The sooner we see the back of Crossland the better. They are trying to have him play a Watson role from last year and he's simply not up to it. Too many mistakes, poor tackles and wrong options..
At least Watson gave you a genuine running threat and foot speed, Crossland is a low, low end athlete with little to no running game and also doesn't have any real utility value.
I don't see what he brings and I also don't really see much a ceiling either in terms of potential.

Yosh

Coach
Anyone know what was up with Clifford? Hopefully the issue wasn't too serious... Is it all resolved now?

Frederick

Staff member
At least Watson gave you a genuine running threat and foot speed, Crossland is a low, low end athlete with little to no running game and also doesn't have any real utility value.
I don't see what he brings and I also don't really see much a ceiling either in terms of potential.
Come on mate, he's busting his backside 🙄🙄🙄

Frederick

Staff member
Why do we even need a backup hooker on the bench? Isn't Randy supposed to be the fittest bloke at the club? I'd rather Hoy be there to cover for backline injuries so we don't have to send Barnett or Fitzgibbon to the centres

Id rather see our middles have to work harder to cover 2 guys who need to work on their D a little bit as opposed to our attack grinding to a halt and basic errors being committed in our own ingoal

The season is all but gone. Trying something new to spark our side cant be such a bad idea

Sir Galahad

Juniors
you just know a significant low point has been reached when the only options available are Hoy and Crossland - and that's to relieve our starting hooker Randall.

You sort of find yourself longing for Kurt Mann to return and you realize the place you find yourself feels awfully familiar - Without doubt we've entered wooden spoon territory.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm all for never seeing Crossland in first grade again, but he's an OK defender in the middle.
Hoy (and sasagi) are not.
He's a better middle defender yes but in a 20-30 min spin he's not that much better to offset his inability to cover backline positions nor his attacking threat (or lack there of). It really is a sad state of affairs when we're picking a bloke whos about the same size of Sam Walker for no other reason than because hes not a complete train wreck defensively.

Jono078

Referee
I'll actually be really disappointed if we don't win this one. There are a lot of cracks showing at the Warriors and they'd be there for the taking now.

Lodge leaving. CTH not wanting to re-sign and have a break from footy. Conceded 70 to the Storm not long ago. AFB out for this game.

If we lose this, this is what'll make me put the nail in our season and not care for the remainder of the year.