What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Manly @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 13: Newcastle v Manly

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 13
Newcastle Knights v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Sunday 28 May 2023

Gates open 11:15am, Jersey Flegg 11:30am, NSW Cup 1:35pm, NRL kickoff 4:05pm. Broadcast on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League and Kayo Sports.

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Jack Johns 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Adam Elliott 14. Lachlan Miller 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Dylan Lucas 19. Enari Tuala 20. Brodie Jones 21. Adam Clune 22. Kurt Mann

Out: Tyson Frizell (second row)
In: Jack Johns (second row)
Changes: Lachlan Miller (fullback to bench), Kalyn Ponga (five-eighth to fullback), Jack Hetherington (front row to bench), Leo Thompson (lock to front row), Tyson Gamble (bench to five-eighth), Adam Elliott (bench to lock)

MAN2022TEAM.png

1. Kaeo Weekes 2. Jason Saab 3. Brad Parker 4. Tolutau Koula 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Josh Schuster 7. Cooper Johns 8. Taniela Paseka 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Toafofoa Sipley 11. Haumole Olakau'atu 12. Samuela Fainu 13. Sean Keppie 14. Christian Tuipulotu 15. Karl Lawton 16. Ethan Bullemor 17. Ben Condon 18. Morgan Boyle 19. Jakob Arthur 20. Dean Matterson 21. Gordon Chan Kum Tong 22. Morgan Harper

Out: Tom Trbojevic (fullback), Daly Cherry-Evans (halfback), Ben Trbojevic (second row), Jake Trbojevic (lock)
In: Kaeo Weekes (fullback), Cooper Johns (halfback), Toafofoa Sipley (front row), Christian Tuipulotu (bench)
Changes: Sean Keppie (front row to lock), Samuela Fainu (bench to second row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Darian Furner
Video Referee: Grant Atkins

LOWER GRADES
Newcastle^ v Manly^/Blacktown^ at McDonald Jones, Sun - Flegg 11:30am / NSW Cup 1:35pm​

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Only missing Frizz, they're missing DCE and Trbo. If we can't win this, bottom 4 is guaranteed.

slotmachine

First Grade
Strong argument to be made the only club going worse is the Dragons. If they can knock off the Phins on Thursday night and we lose this the spoon might be calling.

Apey

Staff member
Strong argument to be made the only club going worse is the Dragons. If they can knock off the Phins on Thursday night and we lose this the spoon might be calling.
On form - Roosters might be worse, too. They have the worst attack in the comp, 3rd worst F/A and have lost their last three games. They have the team to turn it around though.

They will turn their season around against us in a few weeks time.

Jono078

Referee
Only missing Frizz, they're missing DCE and Trbo. If we can't win this, bottom 4 is guaranteed.
I'm definitely expecting a win, but more so want to see what the attitudes are like. They either play with a chip on their shoulders or they spit the dummy and give up. If it's the latter, I'm also calling it a season.

Woody90

Juniors
Telegraph reporting Ponga set to play fullback with Miller dropped

Thank God.

Not that I particularly have an issue with Ponga playing 5/8 (he gets knocked out everywhere) but Miller needs a break for himself and the team.

slotmachine

First Grade
Tele gets good mail these days, better than the herald anyway.

It's a move that needs to be made, but when we still see 9. Crossland on the team sheet every week the other stuff is just shuffling the deck chairs.

Old dog

Juniors
Tele gets good mail these days, better than the herald anyway.

It's a move that needs to be made, but when we still see 9. Crossland on the team sheet every week the other stuff is just shuffling the deck chairs.
Unfortunately no other choice until we get someone, next best Hooker is young and inexperienced

PhilGould

Bench
Hopefully we give the #14 jersey to an actual hooker like Temple Kalepo for once. Probably will just be Adam Clune thrown in there out of position though.

Jono078

Referee
I for the life of me don’t know why we haven’t thrown Huth an SOS. Was one of our better reserves last year and apparently killing it in local league this year. Boggles my mind. I highly doubt Crossland is better than him at #9.

Kalyn’s prob told Miller to hit the road so he can try get his origin jersey back.

Apey

Staff member
Excited to see how Ponga goes at fullback with Gamble and Hastings in the halves. Has the potential to shine. We will miss Miller's kick returns but that's about all we will miss.

Jono078

Referee
Excited to see how Ponga goes at fullback with Gamble and Hastings in the halves. Has the potential to shine. We will miss Miller's kick returns but that's about all we will miss.
To be fair, Ponga can have electric returns too when he applies himself. It’s what he was famous for in the early years. I personally think we’re going to see the best version of Ponga now. His application has been good since origin 3 last year. It’s his time to grab the game by the balls and run.

perverse

Referee
Given all the stuff we won't miss from him, I can cope with kalyn playing in a dinner suit.

I mean I know all the complaints were likely to see come game day. Kalyn is a shit last line of defence. Kalyn won't run it back hard. He also won't dickfingers the ball every time it goes near him and will be a real threat whenever he is near it.

The best bit is Gamble and Hastings are back together in the halves. Looking forward to Lord Chirper have a dig out there for 80 again.