What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Manly @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 13: Newcastle v Manly

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Crossland gets gassed late in the first half all the time and that adds to his errors. Give him a damn rest.
Everyone starts gassing towards the end but AOB chooses to not go with fresh legs!

What's his big second half plan to use 3 fresh men off the bench?

Not only did AOB say he didn't know how or when he'd use Miller, I don't think he knows when or how he'll use Hetherington or Croker either!

Loose Cannon

Bench
So what's up with AOB's bench usage this week?

Only benchie we've used so far is J Saifiti. D Saf is about to play the entire first half.

Can someone explain to me how this is smart? Why aren't we bringing on fresh legs to not only punish manly, but not let Manly's fresh guys get on top of our fatigued forwards?

No amount of sports science will make it make sense to me.

This is just criminal to me:

View attachment 74824
He has no idea. Watch Miller get 12 at the death, which is the ideal 14 role apparently, especially with a starting 9 who can go 25 max from the whistle.

Nuke

Staff member
The Ref better watch out. If he stops blowing the whistle a game of football could break out.
I remember several years ago, Gus tweeted an absolute classic.
It went something like this:
A wonderful game of Friday night refereeing last night. A game of football threatened to break out, but credit to the officials for preventing that.

I'll see if I can find it.

perverse

Referee
On the bright side, I think Kalyn, Gags and Gamble are having a crack out there. Any of those 3 have looked likely to do good things whenever they've been near the ball. Bradman has been a handful too. A stupid handful, but he's causing his opposite a lot of grief.

Jono078

Referee
Not to harp on the bench usage, but Manly have already used 3 guys. What does this mean? It means their starting players will be ready to return by the middle of the second half and stamp their authority on the game. Meanwhile we'll give D Saf a 5 minute break at most likely the 55th minute mark, for a 5-minute break and theb bring him back and ask him to seal the deal for us.

f**king moronic.

perverse

Referee
How much did we pay Dsaf for his 1 strong hitup in that half? Are we really getting upset if we're shopping him around?

f**k it... whatever... here we go with round 2...

K-Man

Bench
It's hard to explain, but somehow we've been a team for a long time that even when we're doing some good things it's not quite translating to the momentum, points or results that it should. And then we do plenty of dumb things to offset that. And we end up in positions like this. It's not like Manly have been good, far from it. But we always seem to find a way to not produce in the ways that matter, especially in rare games like this that we're expected to dominate.

Jono078

Referee
Are you f**king kidding 2 weeks in a row we didn't realise it was last?

f**k AOB and this team.

Latest posts