What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Bulldogs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fordy20

Juniors
Interesting you bring up those matches. Those were the ones with Reynolds and Brooks in the halves. If what @Mario chalmers said about Benji is correct and he does have syndemosis injury, then those two will be starting halves again.

super_coach

First Grade
I think playing Madgeball is very physically draining. It’s very hard to maintain the rage for any length of time and eventually there is a let down and you hit the wall. Once you hit the wall it’s near impossible to get back up.

You might get away with it with atop notch roster with lots of depth but a mob of journey men mixed with some kids has no chance

Tigerm

First Grade
I think playing Madgeball is very physically draining. It’s very hard to maintain the rage for any length of time and eventually there is a let down and you hit the wall. Once you hit the wall it’s near impossible to get back up.

You might get away with it with atop notch roster with lots of depth but a mob of journey men mixed with some kids has no chance
Plus your 4th reserve is a back.
For me, we learnt nothing in our first loss to Newcastle, they basically bashed us and In the second game we played 3 forwards and a back again. Not saying it would of made a difference but shit you got to look at the opposition.

stryker

First Grade
Would love to know who you would play at FB? The Mbye experiment was a failure he was dropping bombs every week. We're not flushed with options.
To be honest at the moment I don’t care...maybe Nofo...He played there in the lower grades. It’s somewhere we are very weak. Probably should have held onto Thomo.

WA Tiger

Bench
Interesting you bring up those matches. Those were the ones with Reynolds and Brooks in the halves. If what @Mario chalmers said about Benji is correct and he does have syndemosis injury, then those two will be starting halves again.
For me that alone, Brooks and Reynolds playing - with all the hype will make the game worth watching. maybe two negatives will make a positive..I think tho you’ll find the whole team played better against the panthers etc but we shall see

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
.For some reason just now I remembered for the first time since the game Joey L looking to get sucked into another fight when he held onto the ball to stop the dogs getting a quick restart or something...It was like your kidding me. As channel 9 said thats a sin bin offence ..flaming lunatic
Weather he was looking for a fight or not he lost control again

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Brooks is shit. Only thing he did was the field goal. Went MIA the rest.
He was. Even a brilliant repeat set kick attempt he couldn’t get the bounce right...That field goal was top shelf tho..That was pure confidence. You'd see 10 attempts from any other players before you’d see one that good maybe more ..Ive always thought Brooks was a flicked switch away from regaining his last years form..(mainly his running game and backing up and giving the last pass for the try..and the very odd good repeat set kick ..
If he can lose it so quickly maybe he can regain it just as quickly with a jab of confidence..? He would need to for any success over the next few weeks (I’m sure I heard the contact when he smashed one of the dogs forwards in a tackle)

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Plus your 4th reserve is a back.
For me, we learnt nothing in our first loss to Newcastle, they basically bashed us and In the second game we played 3 forwards and a back again. Not saying it would of made a difference but shit you got to look at the opposition.
I can cop three forwards and a back, provided that back can play at least two positions and not just half or hooker. It always good to have a centre/winger who is big enough to play backrow, or someone like Mitch Auberson or Curtis Sironen who can fill in at 5/8 or centre in a pinch

Pezz70

Juniors
.For some reason just now I remembered for the first time since the game Joey L looking to get sucked into another fight when he held onto the ball to stop the dogs getting a quick restart or something...It was like your kidding me. As channel 9 said thats a sin bin offence ..flaming lunatic
Weather he was looking for a fight or not he lost control again
I remember the incident there was no sin bin offence, nothing in it at all. BJ did nothing worse than his opposite number...... but he did look for a second like he was gonna put one on him:joy:. His try was powerhouse footy!

Pezz70

Juniors
He was. Even a brilliant repeat set kick attempt he couldn’t get the bounce right...That field goal was top shelf tho..That was pure confidence. You'd see 10 attempts from any other players before you’d see one that good maybe more ..Ive always thought Brooks was a flicked switch away from regaining his last years form..(mainly his running game and backing up and giving the last pass for the try..and the very odd good repeat set kick ..
If he can lose it so quickly maybe he can regain it just as quickly with a jab of confidence..? He would need to for any success over the next few weeks (I’m sure I heard the contact when he smashed one of the dogs forwards in a tackle)

Brooks was ok, what I did notice that at same stage he must have been given free reign cause he switched to the right side in attack and Benji crosses to the left, not sure if it was because they were seeking Benji in defence or not. They went pretty hard at Benji , 27or 28 tackles to Brooks 17 on the other side. Barring the awful defence when he let Foran through Benji was ok

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Geez, I just watched a replay of the game.

When BJ chased Foran I was shocked at how slow he really is. I just turned 61 and if BJ gave me a 5 metre start over 100m I reckon I'd be in with a show hahaha. Maybe I shouldn't be laughing, it is a bit frightening actually.

Tigerm

First Grade
Geez, I just watched a replay of the game.

When BJ chased Foran I was shocked at how slow he really is. I just turned 61 and if BJ gave me a 5 metre start over 100m I reckon I'd be in with a show hahaha. Maybe I shouldn't be laughing, it is a bit frightening actually.
Be more frightening if he caught you:joy:

WA Tiger

Bench
Brooks was ok, what I did notice that at same stage he must have been given free reign cause he switched to the right side in attack and Benji crosses to the left, not sure if it was because they were seeking Benji in defence or not. They went pretty hard at Benji , 27or 28 tackles to Brooks 17 on the other side. Barring the awful defence when he let Foran through Benji was ok
And Benji set up 3 tries. According to this article

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...t-gasp-win-over-bulldogs-20200816-p55m8i.html

..Not a bad days work.. I havnt got access to a replay

Last edited: